Hello All - Question About Possible BUK poem title/line (1 Viewer)

You guys are the gold standard when it comes to all things BUK. As such I require your help in figuring out if a Buk poem title/line exists as follows: "I laugh at bent thumb tacks into the bare walls of reason". I cannot seem to find it, though the line sounds so familiar. I also did the poem search here on bukowski.net and came up empty handed. Am I just crazy, or did uncle Buk use this line as either a poem title and/or line. If so, does anyone know where I may find it?

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply zobraks...yeah, I knew if anyone could offer insight it would be you guys. I couldn't find it either so I guess I'm just crazy and making up new titles again, haha! Also, thanks for the welcome to the Bukowski,net forum zobraks...an amazing treasure trove of all thing BUK!!

mjp

Founding member
I guess I'm just crazy and making up new titles again...
As long as you don't make a .jpg of your title and post it everywhere with Bukowski's name on it.

On second thought, go ahead. It's more Bukowski-like than most of the non-Bukowski "Bukowski quotes" out there.

Haha, thanks mjp...so I take it there's a litany of non-Buk "Bukowski quotes" sailing around out there then? How about a Buk poem that has the line "as the music of everywhere/everything plays"? Also sounds familiar to me, but I can't place it. Perhaps you guys can help?

PS - so awesome to find a site like this, with all things buk and plenty of discussion!

I don't doubt that they do Purple, but I really do need your guys assistance with this one. It might not even be a line in a Buk poem, but it sounds so damn familiar to me. I figured if anyone would know, it would be you guys.

I didn't mean to imply that your latest question was just some random quote (but, it could be), my post was in response to:
...so I take it there's a litany of non-Buk "Bukowski quotes" sailing around out there then?
Yes indeed there are.
"...as the music of everywhere/everything plays" doesn't hit me across the head as a Buk quote, but it also isn't horrible, so there's a chance.

Hey Purple, yeah I really had no idea there were so many non-Buk "Bukowski quotes" going around. I guess you guys get them often?

Thanks for the assist with the line I had a question about. Maybe it's not a Buk line then.

mjp

Founding member
"music of every..." doesn't appear in any of the collections or the hundreds of poems published in Wormwood review, so I think you are 0 for 2.

Users who are viewing this thread