Hello All - Question About Possible BUK poem title/line (1 Viewer)

You guys are the gold standard when it comes to all things BUK. As such I require your help in figuring out if a Buk poem title/line exists as follows: "I laugh at bent thumb tacks into the bare walls of reason". I cannot seem to find it, though the line sounds so familiar. I also did the poem search here on bukowski.net and came up empty handed. Am I just crazy, or did uncle Buk use this line as either a poem title and/or line. If so, does anyone know where I may find it?

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply zobraks...yeah, I knew if anyone could offer insight it would be you guys. I couldn't find it either so I guess I'm just crazy and making up new titles again, haha! Also, thanks for the welcome to the Bukowski,net forum zobraks...an amazing treasure trove of all thing BUK!!

I guess I'm just crazy and making up new titles again...
As long as you don't make a .jpg of your title and post it everywhere with Bukowski's name on it.

On second thought, go ahead. It's more Bukowski-like than most of the non-Bukowski "Bukowski quotes" out there.

Haha, thanks mjp...so I take it there's a litany of non-Buk "Bukowski quotes" sailing around out there then? How about a Buk poem that has the line "as the music of everywhere/everything plays"? Also sounds familiar to me, but I can't place it. Perhaps you guys can help?

PS - so awesome to find a site like this, with all things buk and plenty of discussion!

I don't doubt that they do Purple, but I really do need your guys assistance with this one. It might not even be a line in a Buk poem, but it sounds so damn familiar to me. I figured if anyone would know, it would be you guys.

I didn't mean to imply that your latest question was just some random quote (but, it could be), my post was in response to:
...so I take it there's a litany of non-Buk "Bukowski quotes" sailing around out there then?
Yes indeed there are.
"...as the music of everywhere/everything plays" doesn't hit me across the head as a Buk quote, but it also isn't horrible, so there's a chance.

Hey Purple, yeah I really had no idea there were so many non-Buk "Bukowski quotes" going around. I guess you guys get them often?

Thanks for the assist with the line I had a question about. Maybe it's not a Buk line then.

"music of every..." doesn't appear in any of the collections or the hundreds of poems published in Wormwood review, so I think you are 0 for 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back