hello hello (1 Viewer)

Well, I just thought I should say hello. I've been viewing the forum as a guest for long enough and thought it is time to join. I am a recent fan of bukowski (compaired to most of you) and it seems I am the only in my area.

The first book I bought was Love Is A Dog From Hell, I loved it and am continuing to add to my Bukowski collection. I have a few more and am looking forward to each and every other works i can come across.

I also do some writing and attempt at "art" as well as some photos. I don't know if I'm that great but I will always work in it and probably never think myself as any good.

Well anyhow, hello one and all! It's nice to no longer feel alone.

hey, just keep doing what you want ot do and things will be just fine. art is what you want it to be - i mean, if you believe in art - as a completely selfless expression beyond ego - then - yes. there it is. beauty. and art. and welcome.

paul

Welcome minutefalling! So you've read Love Is A dog From Hell. What else have you read and what did you think about it?...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome minutefalling! So you've read Love Is A dog From Hell. What else have you read and what did you think about it?...
I have also read Women, Mockingbird Wish Me Luck, Play The Piano Like A Percussion Instrument...

I am currently reading Post Office and The Last Night Of The Earth Poems; and will be reading (i bought them but am waiting until in finish what i am reading now) Hollywood, The Flash Of Lightning Behind The Mountain, and Come On In!

... I hope to eventually own or at least have read it all.

It's hard to say which is my favorite because I feel every book has something special within. As far as novels I am enjoying Posting most but I still have yet to read Hollywood and if I had to pick a book of poetry that i have read I'd say The Last Night Of The Earth Poems; but I honestly enjoy everything. I used to hate reading and had a terribly hard time finding anything I'd like, until Bukowski.

I also plan to read Ask The Dust by John Fante but will probably wait until I have read what I have of Bukowski's stuff.

I still have yet to read Hollywood and if I had to pick a book of poetry that i have read I'd say The Last Night Of The Earth Poems;

Hollywood is about the making of the movie Barfly and it's a great book. Just talking about it makes me wish to re-read it.
The last Night... is one of Buk's greatest books of poetry and one of my absolute favourites...

Indeed 'The Only', I too have difficulty plodding through poetry since Bukowski...strange isn't it? A lot of 'great' poems in those BS anthologies just don't stand up and who else but Buk have I ever been able to read book after book after book (and still want more)?

I can't think of anyone else...so Minutefalling...you've come to the right place ;)

I rarely read poems before I discovered Buk. Did'nt like all the methafores and symbols most poets use. It seems so pretentious. The only poets I can read besides Buk are the ones who writes just as unpretentiously as him...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back