help me find a story:pearl necklace? (1 Viewer)

OK, if I'm right, I can't believe that nobody has suggested this yet, but I'm thinking it's from "Erections, Ejaculations, Exhibitions, and General Tales of Ordinary Madness" ... I'm at work right now but I'll check it out for you when I get home. I've definitely read the story.

OK, I think I found it. The story is called "The White Beard," and in it Buk's character and two coworkers encounter a "13 or 14 year old girl" with big breasts. Buk has sex with her, and then the other coworker does too. Wen he comes down from her room:

"I rammed it between her breasts," said Herb. "Then a sea of come under her chin. When she stood up it hung there like a white beard. She needed two towels to mop it up."

It's on page 231 of ""Erections, Ejaculations, Exhibitions, and General Tales of Ordinary Madness. Hope this is what you were looking for.

I'm sure that's what he wanted, and if he ever comes back he'll thank you I'm sure :D

Hey Hank, judging from the date of his one and only post, that chance is pretty remote. But at least it gave me the chance to go back and revisit some of the stuff in that great collection. :D

"Who was that masked man? I never had a chance to thank him."

Hahahahahahaha! Harry I'm glad you are here. This is my Monday morning and reading this right now just cracked me up. It's all about the writings. You are full of the spirit of what is good about this forum. It's not me.
Thank you Harry.

Thanks, man. I've been told I'm full of lots of things but the spirit of the what's good about the forum is one that I don't mind. The forum has inspired me to go back and re-read some of the older stuff and it takes me back in time. Back to the 70s and 80s when every girlfriend I ever had HATED Bukowski and wondered why I read that awful stuff!

As someone who corresponded with Buk, it's gratifying to see that others have had the same experience -- under that gruff, unpolished exterior, the man could be very kind, generous and very funny. Thanks for the post.

it takes me back in time. Back to the 70s and 80s when every girlfriend I ever had HATED Bukowski and wondered why I read that awful stuff!

I know that one!

Girl friends actually went beyond that to jealousy. That was weird.
Well, maybe they were the weirdos.

haw haw!

after my (new at the time) girl saw my excitment at finding "born into this" at a small town video store where she lives she thought that I'd lost my mind. she said " God! I hope that you love me as much as you love him!" then after we took it to her place and watched it (her first encounter) she really thought that I had lost my mind. I'm sure that she wondered what her new boyfriend was all about. now after being together for a couple of years when I mention Buk (about ten times a day) she just nods her head and says yeah,yeah yeah... some people just don't get it. I always feel bad for them.

OK, just for the record (and before she reads this) I got lucky too, oh yes!, oh yes I did! (thanks guys, you know how it is....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back