Hi Samdusky (1 Viewer)

Am I missing something or is this a typo? If the latter, the answer is: okay, considering the state of reality and all.

Thanks for asking,

SD

Its a typo SD. I'm new too. I'm tired of the technocrats. I am reading WOMEN for the first time in 10 years and am invigorated like a newborn. I ROARED LIKE A MADMAN........

I can hear that (pun unintended?and intended). WOMEN, yes, I just re-read that a few months ago and again marveled at the incredible ?rightness? of his language. I believe he was at his highest level of creativity when he wrote WOMEN. For all the bluster and swaggering he did, he was hiding a secret romantic soul. And nobody can pack as much punch into a sentence using a natural, limited, simple vocabulary of the streets. And he?s the funniest bastard that ever wrote in the english language. Roar on, and good on ya (as we say in Australia).

SD

SamDusky said:
And he's the funniest bastard that ever wrote in the english language.
I would have to put Hunter Thompson and Mark Twain in that category too. A lot of people can recognize the humor in the writing of those three, but I think you have to be a little fucked up to truly enjoy and appreciate it. ;)

Last edited:
Hunter Thompson and Mark Twain; yes, two of the other finest. Without these masters of cynicism and humanity goading the world on into waking up and seeing the incredible, ghastly shit for what it truly is; this place called reality would be much more screwed-up than what we see; at least in my little corner of the town. Hail the god-damned critics of life! (OK, I?m a little exuberant this morning).

SD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back