how far would you go to get in touch with someone who insulted you on your blog? (1 Viewer)

jordan

lothario speedwagon
i usually email people who insult me back directly, although this asshole used a fake email address to leave his comment... so i tracked down his IP (which was coming from a starbucks) and then called the starbucks and asked the girl to ask the guys sitting there if any of them went by the net handle "Nitro". Unfortunately, none of them would own up to it... but I feel bad for the girl who clearly though I was prank calling her.

i guess i just don't get enough hate mail to make it a routine occurrence and not something that seems like it needs to be addressed.

ha!
remind me to stay on your good side.

no, seriously. I'm not kidding.

did you take the comment down? I couldn't find it.

I don't have a blog because... well I have nothing to blog about.

But I imagine if someone insulted me... I wouldn't think much of it, probably. Most of the time stuff on the internet doesn't get to me. MOST of the time.

Like hooch, I could tell you are a no nonsense kind of guy. I think you should go after the chicken. He's probably stealing their signal down the street.

His parents probably never hit him. Nitro-Idiot.

i guess i just don't get enough hate mail to make it a routine occurrence and not something that seems like it needs to be addressed.
Any good blog is going to get some insulting comments. I usually ignore them, unless a good joke comeback comes immediately to mind. You legitimize them by paying any attention to them, so it's best to let them stagnate alone without a response.

never take anything on the internet seriously.

the only time i ever care is if someone gets ahold of my physical address and threatens something, as i have kids.

i don't take it personally as much as i just want to harass the person just to annoy them. as i've said a long time ago, i've been nominated for a darwin award (along with a small group of others) by some dickhead blogger, so anything short of suggesting i deserve to die because of my own stupidity isn't really that bad.

Usually I sort of distrust quick tempered people over the net. After all it's just words on a screen, especially from anonymous idiots like above, and I always feel if they can go mad about that, hopefully I never have to drive a car in front of them or something.

But. Calling the guy out of starbucks is rather great :) I really like that. It's a pity you didn't get him. I imagine his face, the girl telling him:
"Sir, there is a telephone call for you."
"Who? What?"

And then the conversation itself. Hehe.
A pity, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
i usually email people who insult me back directly, although this asshole used a fake email address to leave his comment... so i tracked down his IP (which was coming from a starbucks) and then called the starbucks and asked the girl to ask the guys sitting there if any of them went by the net handle "Nitro". Unfortunately, none of them would own up to it... but I feel bad for the girl who clearly though I was prank calling her.

I hate cowards who blog bash. ( i don't know if that's even a real term, but so it goes)

That happened to me a few months ago and they used a fake e-mail and it's been driving me crazy ever since.

You haven't lived until you have been threatened to
be sued by a commenter who got mad that you
published their comment.

Then again, that was after I had death threats, and
personal calls made to relatives by complete
strangers who have found my writing on the internet.

But I digress.

I used to get worked up when people wrote letters crapping on me and my stuff. Sometimes I'd wake up at night and plot revenge. But that uses time.

You've got to ask yourself, at the end of the day, when the tubes are up your nose and your asshole, are you going to be able to say "Yeah, that was great. That was worth it". If I look back, in my case anyway, the answer was no. I wasted hours obsessing about a few words banged out by a handful of drooling halfwits.

Looks to me like you've got a great thing going with Chance Press. My (albeit unasked for) advice: work on something that matters. Work on building something you love and ignore the howler monkeys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back