How many women in here? (1 Viewer)

evas
what's a 'male thing?'
a specific portion of the anatomy? a mind set? behavior?
bukowski's poetry?
anyone other than you? and blackberry...

riverrat

last time I checked I was a cirerita. in some countries it's female, but there are countries where it's more manly.

I just joined last week but since then two topics have become known to me. Was Buk gay/bi and how many women visit this site?

Now a true homophobe might assume...

Jimmy Snerp said:
I just joined last week but since then two topics have become known to me. Was Buk gay/bi and how many women visit this site?

Now a true homophobe might assume...

Right...you've been reading this site for two weeks and all that you've noticed is the bukowski bisexual thing and the how many women thread. And you point at us for homo tendencies. Riiiight =p

oneiros said:
Right...you've been reading this site for two weeks and all that you've noticed is the bukowski bisexual thing and the how many women thread. And you point at us for homo tendencies. Riiiight =p

Not so fast.
You said>And you point at us for homo tendencies< Please point out where I indicated the above-simply not true.

New to a list doesn't mean I have to defer to anyone. I have read all the topics I found interesting and many are. Some information is so complete I dont need to coment. Some topics don't interest me so I don't comment.

That said, I found Buks sexual orientation thread and a thread seeking to discover how many females an amusing juxtaposition. Don't you?

So heres a big wet MEA CULPA. Remember participating on forums like this one is exactly the same as collecting hockey cards or attending Star Trek conventions or debating the best band ever-We do it cause its fun. We all know Buk would have laughed at us. F him. He's dead we're alive. Now a true homphobe might assume...

Jimmy Snerp said:
Not so fast.
You said>And you point at us for homo tendencies< Please point out where I indicated the above-simply not true.

New to a list doesn't mean I have to defer to anyone. I have read all the topics I found interesting and many are. Some information is so complete I dont need to coment. Some topics don't interest me so I don't comment.

That said, I found Buks sexual orientation thread and a thread seeking to discover how many females an amusing juxtaposition. Don't you?

So heres a big wet MEA CULPA. Remember participating on forums like this one is exactly the same as collecting hockey cards or attending Star Trek conventions or debating the best band ever-We do it cause its fun. We all know Buk would have laughed at us. F him. He's dead we're alive. Now a true homphobe might assume...

Ladies,

I, for one, would like, on behalf of all the males (of all persuasions) hereabouts, to welcome the ladies and hope that you feel most comfortable in these here environs. First, it would get mighty dry without the input of the feminine perspective, And, second, let?s face it, you just look better, on the average, than the guys do, and you class up the joint.

So I say again, welcome, and we are most obliged to make a place at the table (or bar, be it as it may) for you. And, contrary to popular belief, Buk was no misogynist, whatsoever. He did, indeed, like many of us, worship women as only one of his sensibilities could do. But if he found one that was less then admirable, he would call her as he saw her; and let chips fall where they would. Still, in the time-honored tradition of the romantic poet, he did seek ever for the saving grace of love; dirty love, maybe; downhome, rotten, filthy love, too; why not? It?s all good, as the kids say. SO, viva la differance, per the Frenchies, and let the estrogen flow, foxy babes. Does ?homeophobe? mean ?fear of naturopathic medicine??; just wondering.

Sam out,

SD

SD, for some reason your words in French made me think of the French fries becoming Freedom Fries back in 2001 or 2002. That was a good one, indeed it was.

and then I also remembered B. Schroeder saying B always called him French frog when he was pissed off. We also have a word for French frog, "franchute". Funnily enough, there's no "frog" in "franchute". Does anybody know why the poor frogs ended up with the French?

HI,
I always thought that it was because the French eat frog's legs. Good chance that I'm wrong, but that has always stuck in my head.

That whole "Freedom Fries" thing was an embarassment to us, I think. Same with Freedom Toast, Freedom Kiss......

Best,
Bill

mjp,

That was the U.S.'s way of punishing the French for not supporting our invasion of Iraq. It started with some right wing congressman and spread all over the country. All like minded poeple changing menus to remove the French from their fries. Of course, I don't think that the French really like them being called "French Fries" in the first place, so it always seemed like a silly, stupid attempt. Plus, if we were going to go that route, we should have changed anything that mentioned any other country EXCEPT England. Of course then, how would we get by without a white Russian after work?

I disagree with the reason for their protect and hate them for half-assing it....

Best,
Bill (left-leaning, right-handed) Roberts

It may be time to rename this forum FREEDOMBUKOWSKI.NET!

Then after I am elected president, things will be different around here. You better believe it.

As long as your platform includes free love with French girls (you will notice how deftly he brings the topic back in line with the thread, not that that?s noteworthy, or even laudable?ok, enough of that). But as Buk said (can I say ?says??, as I feel he is still here with us; let?s get the crypto-cult rumors going); anyhow, as he says, ?Love?s never free; you always pay one way or another.?; and why not, it?s much better than a cheeseburger, with freedom fries on the side; Proposed rallying cry for your campaign, ?Booze, Broads, Betting and Brawling.? (Not necessarily in that order). And I think we?ll get the ladies? vote, as we?re all gentlemen here (except for maybe Brother Schenker?just kidding, Bro Schen; someone has to be the bad boy). Let the voting begin.

SD

mjp for grand poobah! or king...or exalted leader...or...
just remember mjp - its lonely at the top -

i weigh in on the french thing on the side of romance and wines - i believe the french - frogs notwithstanding - are best at both -

rrat

SamDusky said:
Proposed rallying cry for your campaign, ?Booze, Broads, Betting and Brawling.? (Not necessarily in that order). And I think we?ll get the ladies? vote, as we?re all gentlemen here (except for maybe Brother Schenker?just kidding, Bro Schen; someone has to be the bad boy). Let the voting begin.
SD
What about dermaface? Everything I've seen from him is an angry rant. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's certainly ungentlemanly.

class...
dermaface? ungentlemanly?
i view the gentleperson (woman or man) as one who bows the lowest or stoops or kneels to offer assistance to those least able to secure same for themselves - dermaface seems to fit the mould...
bukowski used plain (to some too plain) verbiage to convey his opinions - but he elevated via his prose those of us who found heights caused our collective noses to bleed...
hollow out a sleeping spot 'class' - spend some time with the distant whistles of old freights...fuck a whore and hold her to your chest so you can feel her heartbeat...it's the same as any other...she wants what we all want class...we all need it -

peace
rrat

Whoh, Mr. Rat,

That is some redolent and masterful, wizardly phrasifiing if I may say; and I much love the sentiment (and I see you also brought it back to topic also with the lady-pro ref); [and I do mean ?redolent? as in ?serving to bring to mind?, not the other about ?noticeably odorous? (but it does have a strong, pleasant odor, like piney woods; when remembering old freights and the trip thru the Rockies; few know the beauty of riding the rails nowadays, I guess; thanks for recalling my recall)]

(....and he fades into the dark, only the sound of a train whistle remains...)

SD

BTW, what is Mea Culpa?

that's Latin for "my fault".

What the hell are freedom fries?

That was the U.S.'s way of punishing the French for not supporting our invasion of Iraq. It started with some right wing congressman and spread all over the country. All like minded poeple changing menus to remove the French from their fries.

i learned two new things
so far today
:D

At least one here...

I've got quarters for the jukebox. How wild are your blackberries? I'm lookin' to shake someone's bush. It's a balmy night in Sedona.

Poptop

How many women in here? Is Buk a male thing or what? :eek: It's a serious question.

As a woman, what do you happen to get out of Bukowski that you don't get out of anyone else? And what are you wearing this very moment? Don't leave out any of the details ;-)

Love....Poptop

Arrrrr. Beside Chicago, from where be you havin' your female parts? (I hate to end on a preposition.) I'm bigger than a parrot, but I be likin' to sit on your shoulder and then peck my way down. I'm heavy into the madness of red hair, Spanish galleons, and immortal freckles. Arrrrrr.

Poptop on the brink

I am woman...hear me purr

Dear Elissa,

Please purr louder and more often in this den of male iniquity. As a recalcitrant male, I offer you my personal Bukowski seal of approval. Please scratch out a few more posts and declare yourself. Keeping your skirt decretely above the knee is also a plus and pleasant diversion for those who can never get enough.

Poptop foraging for females

I remember chatting with a woman onnline
I told her i read buk
she said

you must either be in your 20's
or a middle aged crump!
she claimed this was the
'general market'
for bukowskis writing

she wasn't entirely wrong.
no one ever is.

but despite the cliche
bukowski is read by all
black-white
gay-hetero
woman-child
old-young

I know a lot of women
who love his writing
the grit of it all
the unashamed honesty....

Jesus, man, don't scare the broads away (of course, Buk babes would take a lot of scaring to be put off); and I say this with all deference to the fairer sex.

SD

Jesus, man, don't scare the broads away (of course, Buk babes would take a lot of scaring to be put off); and I say this with all deference to the fairer sex.

your'e right. It would take more than that to scare me off this site. no offense taken ...it was taken in the joking manner I'm sure he meant it...

And no...that doesn't mean I'm posting any naked pics. As bill knows, I can't even post the pics i want to!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back