How to publish books in Brazil? (1 Viewer)

Hello, I'm Rafael Roan, big fan of Bukowski! I have a blog - www.velhobukowski.com already sells some shirts to the great Hank.

I'm not good at English, but I can pay a translator to translate the books of Bukowski for the Portuguese. My question is: What about the copyright? Should I pay someone? Who? How?

My goal is: to translate and sell books Bukowski in Brazil. What steps should I follow to get?

Hug!

You would need to contact the copyright holder through HarperCollins in the US.

That being said, I was pretty sure that someone already punished a bunch of his stuff into Portuguese.

Do you have a press already set up? Getting the translation is one thing that needs to be done. Another is getting distribution set up as you will have to pay royalties to the estate.

Rafael, copyright is a serious business. You are making a mistake if you think you can translate and print your own books (and shirts!) without arranging the rights in advance.

This is where you need to start:-

The HarperCollins Rights Departments handle requests for foreign and domestic publication rights including translation, magazine, newspaper, book club, audio, paperback reprint, hardcover reprint, large print, television, motion picture (including props/set dressing), radio, dramatic, public readings, electronic reproduction, and other formats.
If you're interested in foreign publication rights, please contact our agent in the appropriate territory:
Charles Bukowski and John Fante Sub-Agents (Brazil):-

Flavia Sala
International Editors Co.
Rua Dom Manoel 166
04602-050 Sao Paulo,
BRAZIL
Tel: 5511 3846-5475
Fax: 5511 3846-5475

Users who are viewing this thread

Back