I'm here. (1 Viewer)

Hello folks, just wanted to join in on the fun. An old friend of mine introduced me to "Factotum" back in the early '90s and I have been hooked ever since. I'm looking forward to discussing, arguing, and other shenanigans while I'm here.

welcome.

wednesday is Shenanigan Day. we wear costumes, but if you don't have time to rustle up one for the coming wednesday, that's cool. fyi, I'm going to wear my Strawberry Shortcake costume, so if you were leaning that way, maybe look in another direction. there were some nice Smurfs costumes at the store. Gargamel was on sale. it looked pretty rad.

but seriously, glad you got here.

I will start shopping now for next shenanigan day!

I started out with only the novels, but after reading a few I dove into the poetry as well. Needless to say, I was equally impressed!

Ahhhh...Dear Old Grand Dad!

I started out with only the novels, but after reading a few I dove into the poetry as well. Needless to say, I was equally impressed!
I started out with the poetry. Didn't get into the novels until after I joined this site. Didn't even know there WERE novels because the bookstores around here never carried them. Not until B&N opened up here last year did I realize that Buk has a bunch of novels and short stories out there.

Factotum was my first. Then Women. Loved 'em both. Women was better.

Welcome. Are you 73 or were you born in 73? I need to know if you might be NotSoOldDad73.

Born in '73...I guess you can call me "NotSoOldDad73" if you'd like! It's a bit of a nickname I've picked up.

Glad to be here, it's always good to find "like-minded" people, as dangerous as that may be!

Mid-life? I've got way too much fight left in me to be mid-life! :D

Glad to get to "meet" everybody, I wish I would have stumbled across this site sooner!

See. we are not assholes to all new members. Just the ones that want to play us and insult us with their first post. We are usually pretty good at picking out decent people.

OldDad73 seems like good people...

Bill

Well if you walk into a party and act like an asshole, than everybody will treat you like an asshole. That's pretty much how I see it.

Yes, but they never get it. They bust in, insult us, try to sell us something (that we don;t want) then get indignant that they are not welcomed like an old friend.

Then they post a poem by Robert Frost or Shakespeare about leeches like us, it gets removed as posting poems by others is not so cool, they then call us censors (and claim that we are violating their 1st Amendment rights) and say that we are out of touch old men and that Buke (sp) would hate us. Finally they ask to be banned from the site.

All very predictable and sad.

Maybe if someone came up with a new model, but it is always the same.

Again, welcome. Take your shoes off. Have a beer.

Bill

Well if you walk into a party and act like an asshole, than everybody will treat you like an asshole. That's pretty much how I see it.

how many times do I have to apologize for that? I told you, I had no idea that was your lady friend. and her mom. and her mom's dog. jesus, what does a guy have to do?

next time, write on the invite "wear pants. and underwear." it's just common courtesy in being a good host. so it was as much your fault as it was mine.

bygones, brother, bygones.

Mom's dog has never been the same. I told you it was going to be a family event, what more can I say? We still haven't been able to get rid of those stains on the ceiling either!

We still haven't been able to get rid of those stains on the ceiling either!

Come on! The insurance paid up, did'nt they? Besides, now you got a nice memory of an eventful party. What more can one ask for? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back