I'm trying to locate an obscure item (1 Viewer)

I was in a record shop in London in 1997. At the check-out counter I saw some loosely-plastic-wrapped copies of what looked to me like fanzines having to do with CB. As I recall, it was American in origin, not British. I got one (and I wish I knew where I put it!). There was another issue of that fanzine with a CD in it which, like an idiot, I did not buy.

Can anyone tell me the name of the fanzine, what was on the CD, and if the CD is still available for a reasonable price? I would appreciate it!

Found it.
The CD is called "Bukowski & the beats".

Ugh!

Contents are;
William S Burroughs in conversation
Charles Bukowski in conversation
Jack Kerouac rants to the crowd
Bukowski in conversation
Alan Ginsberg in conversation
Bukowski Puke-Mix (music)

Total running time 50.20

Oh, and there is a CD in 'Bukowski on Bukowski' but that's not really a fanzine... just quotes of Buk on various topics.
The two items appear to have been produced by the same people (?).
Not sure.

Oh, and there is a CD in 'Bukowski on Bukowski' but that's not really a fanzine... just quotes of Buk on various topics.
The two items appear to have been produced by the same people (?).
Not sure.

Hmm, I followed your Abebooks link above, and I'm not sure the "Unleashed" thing is what I'm looking for. It's a 160-page "trade paperback", and it was published in 2000, not 1997. Is 'Bukowski on Bukowski' more like a xeroxed fanzine, or is it an actual paperback book?

Hmm, I followed your Abebooks link above, and I'm not sure the "Unleashed" thing is what I'm looking for. It's a 160-page "trade paperback", and it was published in 2000, not 1997. Is 'Bukowski on Bukowski' more like a xeroxed fanzine, or is it an actual paperback book?

take a look in that thread:
https://web.archive.org/web/2020/https://bukowski.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2056

I also heard about a mag called "Sure - the Charles Bukowski newsletter"
edited from a guy in the U.K.

'Bukowski on Bukowski' is definitely a xeroxed fanzine. Quite amatuer. So maybe that was the one you didn't buy that day.

The CD is called 'Happy Hour'.

It contains;
When all the animals lay down
A smart girl
The light of jesus
The pleasures
Rejoice and asunder
A northen aquaintance
Grammer of life
My father (and then some graphics get in the way of the titles)
Soup, cosmos and ....
The life of the...
Only the truly...
A need for...
Hammer...
Another...
The sol...
The les...
The nig...
The lac...
Photo
Like that...
The myster...
Plants
Bad
Bu....

If I get a chance, I'll listen to it some time and let you know more.

Just listened to it and... duh... it's just a copy of 'King of Poets'.
Available on Amazon and elsewhere I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back