Interested in mentions of Buk in others' work? (2 Viewers)

Hank Solo.

That's the one. You are a freaking genius!

Bukfan.

That is the real screenshot from the Simpsons drinking episode. How great is that?

Hank Solo seems to have mad A/V talents to have captured that shot.

Best,
Bill

bospress.net said:
Hank Solo seems to have mad A/V talents to have captured that shot

:o Just FAR too much time on my hands ...

As far as mentions of BUK, I know Sean Penn dedicated his film "The Crossing Guard" (good film by the way), to BUK. I think at the closing of the film, or the end of the credits, I don't reacall which, there's a line that says, "My friend, Charles Bukowski. I miss you, S.P."

And I also recall the following lyrics from the Red Hot Chili Pepper's song "Mellowship Slinky In B Major" off of the Blood Sugar Sex Music album (I have no idea what they mean...should I venture to say not much?)

Being that I'm the duke of my domain
My hat goes off to Mark Twain
Singing a song about what true men don't do
Killing another creature that's kind of blue
Writing about the world of the wild coyote
Good man Truman Copote
Talking about my throughts 'cuase they must grow
Cock my brain to shoot my load
I'm on the porch 'cause I lost my housekey
Pick up my book I read Bukowski
Can I get another kiss from you
Kiss me right here on my tattoo

Check it out:

--> http://citypaper.net/articles/031501/bq.charles.shtml

"By the time of Bukowski's death in 1994 at the age 73, his reputation as California's foremost existential wizard was already solidified, transcending cult status into mainstream acknowledgment. Madonna cited him as her favorite writer. U2 often dropped his name. Friend and fellow loose cannon Sean Penn dedicated his 1995 film The Crossing Guard to him. There was even an episode of Beverly Hills, 90210 in which the show's resident troubled soul, Dylan McKay (Luke Perry), can be seen leafing through a copy of The Last Night of the Earth Poems."

Beverly Hills 90210, wasn't that that soap about this brother and his sister and they got all this friends and other such thrilling stuff? I think I've seen this once or twice. It was pretty popular in Germany and Austria about ten or fifteen years ago. And just when everybody was thinking it couldn't get worse, they shipped "Melrose Place". Memories!

Last edited by a moderator:
number6horse said:
In the film "Sideways", Giamatti's character makes mention of Buk. The scene is pretty funny, but I would rather not ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Just wanted to quote myself.

dermaface said:
I beg to differ. Men average 13.63 farts per day without counting the number of farts during sleep. That kind of flatulence is tough on an asshole.And then there are those assholes who try to ignite their fart. ........ *** For those of you who want to see and hear a real asshole go to rossrunfola.com.

Is this perhaps signs of a gaseous fixation? This, too, can be cured with proper psychological care, derma. ha.

SD

number6horse said:
In the film "Sideways", Giamatti's character makes mention of Buk. The scene is pretty funny, but I would rather not ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
I think Giamatti is great, but man, Sideways bored the hell out of me. I realize that wasn't the case for everyone, but I just didn't get it. Maybe there was too much anticipation, since I'd only heard how glorious it was. I don't know.

So apart from the Harlan Ellison essay,does he get a mention in any LITERARY works?Never heard of JEWEL thank goodness.!

Shit ,I guess everyone read that ass lickers reference.I did say I was a bit hasty.Must ve had a bad day.So AGAIN I'm saying SORRY.Im kissing butt. It wasn't the smartest thing to say when you are a newbie here! Take it easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back