Interviews thread? (1 Viewer)

I've always wanted to ask about this and since I didn't forget this time I want to ask You all if You thought about making Interviews thread/section which would gather all interviews which can be found (even those straight from the net). Bukowski can be even more powerful in an interview than in a poem or short story. Only sometimes, of course. ;-)

So if anyone has any material of Bukowski like that, maybe he/she could post it here. I would greatly (and I don't think I'm alone here) appreciate it. :-)

There are a few interviews not collected in Sunlight. And there are 4-5 additional interviews not published anywhere. And, oh, you have the L'Europeo (Italian mag) and Beat (Swedish mag) interviews in Reach for the Sun.

A couple of interviews can be
found by following the Words
link from this sites menu

For starters, here's an interview which appeared in Stern in 1985. To my knowledge, it was never translated back into English. It's about time, isn't it? Or, at least, the gist of it...

Attachments

• Stern - 1985 interview.pdf
    257.5 KB · Views: 289
Thanks Cirerita for posting this but this interview is much weaker than the Playboy interview from Järg Fauser you sent a few days later.
The indroduction is a chiché of boozing, whoreing, fighteing in the bars and so on...
Than the reporter mentioned his new way of life with american express cold card,
BMW 320 i ,the new villa in San Pedro incudeing alarm system.
His first question was: " Your next poems will be acteing from your problems with your tax adviser ? ".
Askeing if the feels hate for this father the answered the never feels hate for people just
disgust.
The best part is on the ending when B. showed the reporter his writing room with a blotched carpet, an overrunnig ash-try, rumpled racing forums...
Bukowski called it always the SKID ROW ROOM.
That`s it in my guess the other stuff is not mentionable.
As said before your are missing not too much if you can`t read that interview in english language maybe Carl Weissner is on the forum to step in ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
...american express cold card, BMW 320 i ,the new villa in San Pedro incudeing alarm system.
Did the writer describe the house as a "villa"? That would be a bit grand for what it really was. Compared to where he had been living it may have seemed like a villa, but the house is typical of the neighborhood it's in. It doesn't stand out as better or worse than anything around it.

Did the writer describe the house as a "villa"? That would be a bit grand for what it really was. Compared to where he had been living it may have seemed like a villa, but the house is typical of the neighborhood it's in. It doesn't stand out as better or worse than anything around it.

Yes he mentioned the word villa several times !

Now Hear This

Here's a link to Jory Sherman's more recent thoughts on Bukowski:
http://jorysherman.blogspot.com/2006/08/bukowski-charles-bukowski-has-been-on.html

Great blog, or post, or post on a blog or whatever the hell it is.

MESSAGE TO SHERMAN:

Great post indeed. You need to write a book-length tome on Bukowski and only Bukowski, leaving yourself in the background as much as possible, only explaining things about yourself in order to move your story along. Remember: no crap about YOUR life or hobbies or habits or women. We want Bukowski, motherfucker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back