Is This a first? (1 Viewer)

I have two copies of Erections, Ejaculations... One states second printing and looks like hell. The other looks near new, but no mention of a printing. Is this a first?

DSC00152.JPG

I believe that all of the later printings were stated on the copyright page so likely, yes, this is a first. For a book with a 5000 copy print run, it's suprisingly difficult to find first printings of this. "At Terror Street and Agony Way" (with a print run of about 750 copies) is much easier to find. If the condition is as good as you say then it's definitely a keeper.

It's tough to find this book in really great condition becuase it's usually well read. I think Ed Smith has a mint copy for about $850. That's a little aggressive, but you get the idea.

I cant seem to be able to add more than one attachment per response/thread.
You can attach 5 files to a post, but the forum was only displaying one input box. I fixed it so you see 5 attachment input fields now.

It's tough to find this book in really great condition becuase it's usually well read. I think Ed Smith has a mint copy for about $850. That's a little aggressive, but you get the idea.

I think that I paid $75 for mine. 1st Edition is near fine condition.

Also, that copy of " At Terror Street" that I bought on ebay last week arrived today. It was advertised and being in excellent shape... well... Actually MUCH better. Looks like it was never opened. The only flaw is that there is some minor sunning to the spine. I bet that someone purchased it from a bookstore in 1968 and it has not touched air since then. It was wrapped in a card sleve and even that looks like it could be from the late 60's. Probably the nicest copy that I have ever seen. And all for $295.

Bill

You can attach 5 files to a post, but the forum was only displaying one input box. I fixed it so you see 5 attachment input fields now.
Thanks mpj for all your help and direction. I really appreciate all the help. I'm really no good with computers and glad you all dont just laugh and leave me hanging, because I enjoying sharing with people that share the same intrest. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy with my obsession with Bukowksi and the $ I spend. And I dont really have any friends that understand either.

So, thanks... to everyone.

$3.95
Ya, I'm pretty sure its a first. I was just in doubt because i bought it at a used bookstore for $14.95.:D
Pretty freekin cool, huh?

Hi,
I would bet that it is a first. Yes, $14.95 is a great deal... I'll tell you what. I'll pay you TWICE that for it. Then you will double your money! ha..... Really, a great find!

Bill

Also, that copy of " At Terror Street" that I bought on ebay last week arrived today. I bet that someone purchased it from a bookstore in 1968 and it has not touched air since then. Probably the nicest copy that I have ever seen. And all for $295.
So you're claiming that it's better than this one?! Unlikely!

;)

Nice buy for $295.

I wish! Mine is almost as nice as this!

Really, it is the same one that "lifted" his description from the listing by Christa Malone. There was a concern that the condition would be shit, but it was just as described. Plus, now I can start to forgive myself for selling a bunch of early Buk books when I needed the money very badly.

Now two more titles to go and then the healing can begin....

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back