"It will rain all this night..." (1 Viewer)

G

GDPR 4124

Hello everybody,

I've got a quote here without a source. I am not sure if it even is Bukowski and I don't know whether if it's from a poem or a short story or a novel, but I like it. Here it is:

“It will rain all this night and we will sleep transfixed by the dark water as our blood runs through our fragile life.”

Does anybody know where this comes from? Please help.

"fragile life" doesn't sound like Bukowski
It may not be.

The poem being from Bone Palace Ballet means there is a good chance that many of those words didn't come from Bukowski.

We don't have a manuscript for that one, so I'd be hesitant to attribute the entire quote to Bukowski. That's just a sad fact of life where the posthumous books are concerned.

I think Our fragile life and Our fragile lives are both acceptable. Our fragile life meaning the common period that people share as a collective time and space.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately given the huge amount of editing done) I don't own a copy of Bone Palace. Does anyone know if the full poem is available online?

It is ... here
Bloody Internet... When you click on that link nowadays, only this witticism pops up:

Nothing here.jpg

I have the poem offline (in a book,) I was just curious about the online version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back