• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Just Off the Beaten Strip (1 Viewer)

I was wondering if you knew who that was written by, I was afraid that I might have missed something.... maybe I still have..

Tony Wh....

Have you tried calling the store and asking? It was 12 years ago, but someone may remember.

I did google searches and it seems to still be around, but I can't find a connection to this "Tony".

Bill

Yeah I thought Tony Whit(t)ingham or Whit(t)ington. Not sure though about the double t from the signature.

There's a reference to it in this catalogue, item #38 page 5 : [pdf]
Berkelouw Books Catalogue 501

An unpublished work produced in only 3 copies entitled "Just
Off The Beaten Strip, by Tony Whittington" in 1997, being the author's
memoirs of the relationship between Charles Bukowski and Red
Stododsky. Sm.4to. Bound. (VI,98pp.). This copy No.1, fully signed by
the author and dated 10/24/97

Is it something you might share with us mjp?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony Whittington - thanks for clearing that up. Isn't anything about him online, nothing I can find anyway.

I don't know how he would feel about the thing being published on here...it may be time for a "restricted access" forum or something.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but did'nt somebody leave a link to the full text (Just of the beaten strip)? I seem to remember reading it but now I can't find the link. Has it been removed or am I finally getting senile?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back