Just stopping by (1 Viewer)

First of all, how sad I am to read that John Martin has edited Bukowski’s work. Why he has done that is a mystery to me. It is a tragic move on his part. Thank goodness I bought his books long ago.

Secondly, I still have the remaining copies of “Blowing My Hero” in boxes in my garage with a dehumidifier going 24/7. I am at a loss as to what to do with them, so I just keep them there. I am very very inexperienced with the world of collectors, etc. John Martin, indeed, said I couldn’t print anymore because of the letters in the appendix, so I never printed anymore than the original 500 copies.

Once in awhile a friend asks for a copy so I give him/her one, but tell them to hide them from their children or grandchildren! I cannot believe how graphically I described my experience with my hero. Haha! I am pretty old now and feel embarrassed.

In any case, I am happy to see that this forum is alive and well and wish all of you the best.

amber.jpg

Hi Amber,
we've met through this website a long time ago and I've bought your chap with the letters removed.

Maybe you remember.
You even gave permission to print a large part of it in our BUKOWSKI-SOCIETY-YEARBOOK (2007?).
Thanks again and forever for that.

I'm not an expert with rarities and collectibles either, but what I DO know is, that if you flush the market with copies of an item, they become average and their value drops - a huge lot.
So: Just don't.

Still I could easily name some selected persons [mostly members here], who are NOT resellers, but would be able to REALLY appreciate to have an integral version, including the letters, on their shelfes.
And I'm talking about absolute sweet kids, who are worthy of a bargain. I mean this.

You may ask the runner of this site, mjp, about it in a private post.

p.s.
You still look gorgeous.

Hi Amber, if you are reading this, I hope you are well. My name is Nicky and I just finished reading all of your contributions to this forum and my mind is blown. What a treat to get such an intimate insight into your experiences with Hank. Thank you so much! I would absolutely love a copy of Blowing My Hero if you have any available.

Kind regards

Nicky

Hi Amber, I've read Blowing My Hero elsewhere and I thoroughly enjoyed your writing. Please don't be embarrassed. We were all young once but few of us had the moxie to just get out and say "fuck it -- I'm going to meet my hero and suck his cock until his asshole rumbles like a volcano."

I would be absolutely thrilled to own a copy signed by you. Please let me know how to make it happen.

Thank you Amber.

PS, you're still very cute.

Did anyone,..two, three, or four... ever get a copy of this?
...i mean 'the book'?

Would anyone,..two, three, or four... be willing to 'leaned' it, to a pair of eager eyes?
I'm thankfull, for any ponce.

Gallagher

p.s.: Looking in this lovely Ladies eyes,...and at her devilish smile;
I can't help but feel,...the is probably a 'dick tickle'. ?

What the hell,...i'm lonely tonight........ ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back