Kids these daze (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread actually fascinates me. How old and new collide.

Some people resist a sea change; others embrace.

I'm sure people were pissed off at Dead concerts when the balloons went up with the mics, and guys managed them, instead of dancing with tambourines.

If the person who films (videos, etc.), is doing no harm, and doesn't block your view, who really cares?

And why is it any of our biz?

The kids are allright.

Pax

Some people resist a sea change; others embrace.

I'm sure people were pissed off at Dead concerts when the balloons went up with the mics, and guys managed them, instead of dancing with tambourines.

If the person who films (videos, etc.), is doing no harm, and doesn't block your view, who really cares?

And why is it any of our biz?

The kids are allright.

Since I started this... I care. Not all AHA moments are pleasant some are WTF moments. . And here in the all things not Bukowski thread is where I chose to care. Fuck man if we take your attitude why write about anything at all.
But you have to realize (or don't) that it's an odd thing to see someone with their eye attached to a 2 1/2 inch monitor during a wild frenetic party-it wasn't high tech recording equipment or a tambourine is was a phone-and it wasn't for a quick momento it was for the whole damn thing-that doesn't strike you as odd-worthy of comment or discussion. I said he was a kid cause he was if it was a 40 or 50 or 60 something jack ass I would have said so-but it wasn't. The point is and was always that it wasn't about the recording it was about missing out by (the myth of) multi tasking. Doing both attending the concert and watching the concert through that lense-he did neither well. The same way the guy at the Stones concert I went to (Some Girls tour) puked and had to be carried out before Stones went on stage. He did get to see Molly Hatchet though so it wasn't a total loss.

so you could say that that guy was...flirting with disaster??? ha cha cha cha...

sorry couldn't help it

Since I started this... I care. Not all AHA moments are pleasant some are WTF moments. . And here in the all things not Bukowski thread is where I chose to care. Fuck man if we take your attitude why write about anything at all.

Your rhetorical question has a simple answer. Videoing an event is much different than writing about said event. Writing enables the writer to attempt to engage the reader from the writer's perspective, attempting to possibly sway and formulate an opinion. Video, in the sense you described it, is merely documenting it. There is a big difference. Yes? No?

But you have to realize (or don't) that it's an odd thing to see someone with their eye attached to a 2 1/2 inch monitor during a wild frenetic party-it wasn't high tech recording equipment or a tambourine is was a phone-and it wasn't for a quick momento it was for the whole damn thing-that doesn't strike you as odd-worthy of comment or discussion.

Yes and no. I wouldn't do it. However, I couldn't give a rat's ass if it didn't obstruct my view. I'd probably tell people about it, as it strikes me as odd - the entire show being watched throw 2 1/2 inches. I would think the person would just hold up the device, and watch the show with his or her own baby blues...

I said he was a kid cause he was if it was a 40 or 50 or 60 something jack ass I would have said so-but it wasn't. The point is and was always that it wasn't about the recording it was about missing out by (the myth of) multi tasking. Doing both attending the concert and watching the concert through that lense-he did neither well. The same way the guy at the Stones concert I went to (Some Girls tour) puked and had to be carried out before Stones went on stage. He did get to see Molly Hatchet though so it wasn't a total loss.

Molly Hatchet has some great artwork on the covers of their albums. I believe it's done by Frank Frazetta. He is crazy fucking cool. And better than puke at a Stones' concert, for sure. And the guy who puked? Well, as they say, that's rock n roll, baby.

And as for the Some Girls tour, I can't refund your tickets. ;)

The same way the guy at the Stones concert I went to (Some Girls tour) puked and had to be carried out before Stones went on stage.

Ha!

Reminds me of going to see Led Zeppelin at the LA Forum with some friends. A girl sitting behind one of my friends puked right down the back of his neck. He toughed it out, albeit uncomfortably, through the rest of the show.

Another time it reminds me of was going to see FEAR at a local club. One of the people I was with was drunk and smoked-up and tired from working all day before we got there and promptly found a spot against a support post and fell asleep before the show started. At the end of the (very loud) show when people were applauding he jumped up, acting all excited. It took a while to convince him that the show was over and that he had slept straight through it. He refused to believe us until he saw everyone leaving.

So who's more annoying?

1. The guy who pukes on you or near you (on your friend)
2. The bud/drunk who misses the concert who you have to prop up (take care of)
3. The techno-geek with the I-Phone (he doesn't drink - yet, lol)

hmmm.

Why do you sign every post with a pretentious Latin version of "peace" when peace is usually the last thing on your mind? It's like saying, "Your mother sucks cocks in hell! lol! :)"

Latin. Really? What are you, the fucking pope? Or are you fucking the pope? Get the pope's dick out of your mouth for a minute, maybe you'll be able to form a rational thought.

Wait, that wasn't my point at all. Here:

There's nothing old and new "colliding" when a submoronic twat prefers to tape something rather than experience it. Doesn't matter if it's your dickhead neighbor taping some excruciating junior high school play his one-eyed, buck toothed daughter is in, or the 20 year old shit for brains recording a shit band on his shit iPhone.

Jesus christ, you'd have to be as dumb and inbred as a hockey arena full of Oxycontined-up Republicans not to get the fucking point.

That goes for all of you, you here me?!

Now get off my lawn!

Chronic, it's too bad that girl puking on your friend wasn't video taped. We could sell it to Japanese perverts for 8,000,000 yen. Instead all we have are 500,000 grainy god damn cell phone recordings of Radiohead banging on pieces of metal and meowing like cats. Isn't that great! Isn't that great for the FUTURE!

lol.

no, really, laughed out fucking loud!

And here's the the rest of us trying to be all measured and polite!

Well just to jump on the bandwagon (of one) and lay my cards on the table (and whatever else stupid clichés you like) - homeless mind - you really are a dickhead.

You're the embarrassing fuckwit that turns up to a party. You weren't invited, you talk shit and bore people with your inane chatter but no one says anything because they don't want things to get uncomfortable... or worse, downright ugly.

Well, it's the internet and I got to the party before you so I don't care any more. You, scribbler, post toxic and the knuckle head recording the concert on an iphone - dickheads!

Pax that!

Last edited by a moderator:
hold on...could you guys do that again? I forgot to press record....

EDIT: DID YOU JUST DISS RADIOHEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?!?!?!

heh.

Oh Roc, you're just saying all that to impress mjp.
But I will say there has been some good potty-mouth on this site of late. Would our hero Buk be proud.

Oh Roc, you're just saying all that to impress mjp.
Because no one could possibly believe you are a pompous bag o' crap, right? Don't kid yourself, I SCRIBBLER. Most people here believe that. But these are kind and friendly people who don't start fistfights at the neighbor's dinner parties. I'm still working on that. But in the meantime, every time I see I SCRIBBLER or HOMELESS anything I have to brace myself for pretense and idiocy, and it's become tedious.

If it takes a game of Whack-A-Mole to get you two douchebags to finally understand that, after the many subtle (and not so subtle) hints that have been dropped, that works for me.

Fistfights?, I'll have you know I'm an academic...and we eggheads dont settle matters that way. We exert ourselves the same way you do...some more typed words. Ass whoopings hurt and blood comes out. No thanks, I'll defend my ideals and my honor just like you. type, type click. see, no one really gets hurt.

we all have real lives where we do other things...but that needs only have a small presence here. Right.

Now c'mon. Back to arguing about rock and roll.

dpart01-supt!-215x281.jpg

I guess you are getting it out there, exposing the raw nerves, and telling us how you really feel.

I think he might have meant "Buckethead".

Hey Michael, you have a spoon stuck to the side of your head.

Or is that a melon baller?

Now c'mon. Back to arguing about rock and roll.
Hmm. No -- I think we should stay on the subject of you as the comically pretentious I SCRIBBLER douchebag for a little longer. It's not quite played out yet. I haven't made enough references to drinking quarts of whole milk or extolling the wondrous virtues of the sandwich as portable sustenance to fuel the creative fires. I want to do that a few more times.

Bear with me, welder. You've got nothing else to do. If you get bored, homeless mind can always distract you with one of his special "happy ending" massages. That's where he gets his "paint," right?

Hey Michael, you have a spoon stuck to the side of your head.
I think it's a prostate "stimulator." You know, for prostate health. I'm just saying. Health is important.

And I have much less hair now. That was 1987 after all.

Pandora's Twat

Well, it's the internet and I got to the party before you so I don't care any more. You, scribbler, post toxic and the knuckle head recording the concert on an iphone - dickheads!

You are correct. I am a dickhead.

So what?

If your life's biggest issues revolve around people videoing (taping, for those without digital mindsets) concerts or school events, well, you have no life. Some of my fondest TAPINGS are of my kids at events. Sorry if that doesn't pass your cool factor. It does mine. Dickhead, and uncool, right here.

But enough with you, as you are merely a sheep. A grocery clerk who takes orders and bags for your boss. Next time, double bag it. Because your rationale is plastic, flimsy, and doesn't hold water.

Pax that!

Did that give you an adrenaline rush typing that exclamation point? How simple-minded. How pathetic.

Pax of Shit

Last edited by a moderator:
fun fact: the sandwich was created for Lord Sandwich, who was a compulsive gambler and wanted a meal he could eat with one hand without leaving the gambling table.

see? fun fact.

hold on...could you guys do that again? I forgot to press record....

EDIT: DID YOU JUST DISS RADIOHEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?!?!?!

heh.
Did you just videotape that, too? Scribbler takes it on the chin, so it's all good. Where is Nurse Ratched? Mildred? Mildred? he must be pleased...

yes. yes I did. but the sleepy guy behind me kept puking down my back, so the picture is kind of shaky. but the sound is good. check youtube, it's there.

yes, but not the one from Rome. the one from Greenwich Village. but his friend keeps whining about how the Bedbug took his thumbs.

whatever that means.

Home Mindless - I love how your mind works - it's fascinating and disturbing.

We know you are a dickhead. You know you are a dickhead.
But somehow you still thing your opinion is worth a pinch of shit?

My life's biggest issue's have nothing to do with taping anything and, for you to assume that, shows how entangled you have become in your own little obsessive world of internet trolling.
That's why your venom comes across so strong and the rest of us are here, smiling at how predictable it is to see you slide from the 'Pax' sign off to the 'Pax of shit', 'pathetic', 'simple minded' rant.

We saw through you from the start.

Nothing to add... just the self absorbed, me, me, me voice from the reject child on the back row of a tiny mind.

Continue screaming and carrying on dickhead, but be aware you are the clown at the show now. And we'll be here long after your services are no longer wanted.

Why don't you speak for yourself. Others here have told me they don't agree with you. And are not in line with some of the other vulgar nonsense.

I've also been asked to write a quote for BUKScene1. How do you like them apples?

I (like you) think you are awesome!

I'm really impressed that you are a great writer.

I want to be you.

Dickhead.

I really have nothing against you. Can't you just let it go? It's going to get worse anyway, as you aforementioned, ugly. Why not wait for that?

Pax Train

But enough with you, as you are merely a sheep. A grocery clerk who takes orders and bags for your boss.
I guess that makes me the boss, right? Because no reasonable person could find any fault with you, only a completely unreasonable person like me. So anyone agreeing is obviously only following.

You'd like to believe that. I suppose if I was you I'd like to believe it too. The horrible reality that most of the world thinks you're a clown is probably very difficult to bear.

It's going to get worse anyway, as you aforementioned, ugly.
Well, that's not up to you, is it.

fyi, i can't tell you guys how proud of myself i am that people are yelling and slinging insults, and i've done nothing to stoke anyone's anger. i mean, that's not usually the case.

I guess that makes me the boss, right? Because no reasonable person could find any fault with you, only a completely unreasonable person like me. So anyone agreeing is obviously only following.

You'd like to believe that. I suppose if I was you I'd like to believe it too. The horrible reality that most of the world thinks you're a clown is probably very difficult to bear.

Well, that's not up to you, is it.

Father Luke says hello.

Oh - that's good. What?

Hello Father Luke. What?

Pass it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back