Linda Bukowski on MySpace? Plus; P Howard/Bon't try/BOSP/jazz... (2 Viewers)

mjp

Founding member
No, she's not, actually.

She asked me to let everyone know that the Linda Lee Bukowski on MySpace is not her, and that she is trying to have the profile removed.

So don't run over there and pile on as a "friend," you monkeys.

Well, I had no intention of doing so, in fact, I avoid myspace like it's a 16-year-old mynx with vaginal warts. But, what if her name is indeed Linda Lee Bukowski?:eek:

But, what if her name is indeed Linda Lee Bukowski?:eek:
Well, good point. Then she should take the pictures of Bukowski's wife off her profile.

Yeah, it is odd to see people that I know as her friends....
Hey, I'm only passing on a message. Maybe your friends are just enthusiastic about MySpace. You know, I think Bjork was my friend when I was on there. I mean, I'm sure it was her, right? We're tight. Why would an impostor add me?! ;)

Well, good point. Then she should take the pictures of Bukowski's wife off her profile.

Hey, I'm only passing on a message. Maybe your friends are just enthusiastic about MySpace. You know, I think Bjork was my friend when I was on there. I mean, I'm sure it was her, right? We're tight. Why would an impostor add me?! ;)

Yeah. Nick Cave and I are tight, only he has no idea who I am...

Welcome to friendship in the internet age....

Bill

p.s. Speaking of Bjork. Don't piss her off....

Well, that's a cert. As I mentioned, I don't do myspace. Haven't been there other than to look at my band's page and try to promote CD sales.

myspace licks ass, but not in that sweet, natural kinda way.

bill... before you snidely cut down "friendship in the internet age," ask yourself... DOES WHAT WE HAD THAT EVENING AT SPECS MEAN NOTHING TO YOU?!!

Ahhhh... But I do not judge the quality of good friends like you by the quantity of friends in some internet "profile". Friends are not to be collected like some badge of my worth.

And, yes.... We'll always have Specs!

Bill

DOES WHAT WE HAD THAT EVENING AT SPECS MEAN NOTHING TO YOU?!!

And, yes.... We'll always have Specs!

:eek: :eek: :eek: Really guys, I was just kidding! :eek: :eek: :eek:

bill, i told jordan to give you a hug from me when he sees you today, but i have a feeling he won't... ;)

A reasonable request. At least you didn't ask him to take Bill to the mens room and orally pleasure him.

someone bashed me on here a while back for saying that i hate myspace. or they just didn't like me or something.

i have a hard time with myspace. i know there is a bukowski on there.

what would hank have thought of myspace?

sometimes i wonder if he ever went on the internet at all...

I was friends with Dostoevsky...

I am pretty sure he's dead.

LOL

someone bashed me on here a while back for saying that i hate myspace. or they just didn't like me or something.

Let 'em rot.

i have a hard time with myspace. i know there is a bukowski on there.

what would hank have thought of myspace?

Vodka, all I can say is that a friend of mine from Louisiana, my Dirty South Angel named Blake, said that she was glad that Mitch Hedberg, and Bill Hicks died before MySpace because she would have hated to see them asking to be anyone's friend.

MySpace has set the internet back fifteen years.

- -
Okay,
everyone's friend- Tom

right. but wasn't it through this thread?

They will have to tell...

:o

well, jordan's asleep so i guess it's up to me to tell. we met here on buk.net, but it was most definitely myspace that brought us together. that story i told led us to emailing each other back and forth about art... and we just hit it off, i guess. instantly. jordan had some writing - both poetry and some non-fiction, column-style writing - up on his myspace blog which i read, and along with his profile, both these things immediately made me think 'wow, i want to get to know this person better, he's really really cool'. i just knew right away that he was someone incredibly special. i've met tons of people on the internet, made a lot of good friends. i've also met lots of creepy people. i trust my intuition a great deal when i meet someone, regardless of whether or not it's in person.

i was going to post a link to that thread about myspace, the one where we met, in exactly 36 days, but roni beat me to it.

OMG YOU MET ON THE INTERNET WOW THAT'S SO CREEPY - i've heard this from a couple of people, but never anyone here. thank you to everyone here at buk.net who knew our situation, or guessed it, and never once gave us a hard time, made fun of us or questioned it.

so now i'm in the midst of packing up my life to move all the way from NZ to the US to be with jordan in just 36 days. it's a pretty big thing, i guess, but i've never been so sure about something in my whole life.

i'll let you know how it goes :)

Well, that's a cert. As I mentioned, I don't do myspace. Haven't been there other than to look at my band's page and try to promote CD sales.

myspace licks ass, but not in that sweet, natural kinda way.

Hey, don't knock the only social life I have. Well, I do go to some poetry readings but that's mostly a bunch of old people sitting around watching someone read a poem (I don't count myself an old person, although I am). The wine helps ... and those rolled up meat and cheese things.

...what would hank have thought of myspace?

I doubt Bukowski was ever on the Internet. It wasn't a universal media back in the early 1990s as it is now, and he died in '94. In those days, it was mainly a domain of geeks. I was first on in 1990 or '91, before there was a "world wide web". All text, no images, no video, no audio (at least that I ever ran into). It was bulletin boards and list servers. He would have hated it, as he would have hated myspace, no doubt.

i've met tons of people on the internet, made a lot of good friends. i've also met lots of creepy people. i trust my intuition a great deal when i meet someone, regardless of whether or not it's in person.

Justine,
You have not met me yet, but I am really, really creepy.

Just ask Jordan, who did NOT pass on your hug to me....

Did Jordan tell you about watching me try to sell my books to P Howard in Berkley? I'm sure that it was funny to watch (for everyone that was NOT me). Me standing there nervous as shit that I was going to get the "Stodolsky" treatment, when, in fact, I was only slightly insulted in the stressful 10 minutes (that seems like it lasted for at least an hour) before I was sent on my way with all of my books in hand and in need of a drink....

Bill

HAHA i've heard about the infamous mr howard. he sounds like a real swell guy ;)

wow, jordan told me he gave you a hug AND a kiss on the cheek from me! i can't believe he lied.

HAHA i've heard about the infamous mr howard. he sounds like a real swell guy ;)

I could make a TV series about people getting insulted there. He is just an unusual man that does not seem to like most people. He probably did not like me, but his level of dislike did not rise to the level of him insulting me. He tolerated me. He was actually cordial, in ways, but I can see how it could have easily have gone very badly. If you were never able to get thrown out of Red's Store, this one would be the next best thing....

wow, jordan told me he gave you a hug AND a kiss on the cheek from me! i can't believe he lied.

but which cheek? I do have four of them!

There are a couple of Bukowski fan sites on Myspace. The one on my own friends list is run by a pretentious little git who's had himself photographed in various poses armed with a bottle of booze, smoking a cigar and sitting at a typewriter looking soulfully at the camera while pleading for the 'word' to come to him. And he writes the worst poetry in the world. I only keep him there so I can laugh at him.

i didn't bash you for saying you hated myspace- i bashed you for your entirely cliche and obnoxious criticisms of social networking in general, and for you pigeon holing myspace as a place where people with low self esteem posted pictures of themselves to gain wider acceptance (as an aside, i was especially interested in a thread on your own website where forum members posted pictures of themselves and everyone told everyone else how cute they were). i'd prefer not to rot, as i feel like i've contributed more to this forum than just my "bashing" of you, but hey, maybe not.

also, yes i guess i agree that it's a good thing mitch hedberg died of a heart condition in his 30's rather than his fans having to see him have a myspace profile. i'm sure his family would agree as well.

in general, i think that social networking is rewriting the way people interact with each other, and that it's pointless to rage against it with bold statements about how it's a scourge on society. clearly it isn't going away- it's like the people that hold protests against globalization. i find it more useful to find productive ways to participate in it, rather than putting myself a level above it.

it's not the social networking i object to it's the constant self - promotion. i mean, you can be there and have all your friends and stuff like that - but no one is really sincerely interested in what you're doing. they're only interested in what you're doing in hopes that you'll be interested in what they're doing. it also grosses me out that myspace asks way underage kids questions about their sexuality. i read somewhere that someone called it the 'sweaty armpit of the internet.' it is great for promotion though. i've been going back and forth back and forth on whether or not to put a page up for LiteraryMary just because it would get us so much exposure.

:o
OMG YOU MET ON THE INTERNET WOW THAT'S SO CREEPY - i've heard this from a couple of people, but never anyone here. thank you to everyone here at buk.net who knew our situation, or guessed it, and never once gave us a hard time, made fun of us or questioned it.
:)

Justine, Bukowski dot net is very different than the internet. Look at all the checks and balances we go through here.

My youngest daughter and son make fun of it all the time by posting lots of sarcastic fake stuff just to make fun of it. They made a Myspace for the corgi
It's listed as my home page right now bebebitt

By the way Bill the corgi is not a mongrel, I hope you'll accept him for what he is. I can say he never told me he was a racist or a breedist. ;)

(...)

now i'm in the midst of packing up my life to move all the way from NZ to the US to be with jordan in just 36 days. it's a pretty big thing, i guess, but i've never been so sure about something in my whole life.

i'll let you know how it goes :)

There will be fireworks. . . guaran-fucking-teed

Congratulaptions to the both of you'se guys !

www.myspace.com/2660895

Here's the link to the Bukowski fan page.

The guy who runs it is under Bukowski's friend list. He's the number 1 friend. Michael.

I just thought of something. I hope the guy doesn't post here. Or lurk here for that matter. I'd hate to offend anyone. Although after just viewing his stupid goddamn photos again, I don't care. It's actually a well put together tribute site. I've seen worse.

Did you scroll down the Buk page to the friends list? Lower right hand side towards the bottom of the homepage. Look for a sentence that says Bukowski has 8000 some friends and look at the 16 or so boxes that contain photos of other people. Mike is the first photo. Click on his box and it'll take you to his homepage. You'll see a photo of Mike and some chick and right under it is the word pics. Just click on those.

...she is trying to have the profile removed.
Looks like it's gone.

OMG YOU MET ON THE INTERNET WOW THAT'S SO CREEPY - i've heard this from a couple of people, but never anyone here.
People still say that? You'd think it's almost become common now. Carol and I "met" through email over the old smog.net, and this was back in 97, 98, so you can imagine it seemed weird to a lot more people back then. But no one has freaked out over it. Not to our faces anyway. Then again, this is Los Angeles, so I suppose there are truly weird ways we could have met.

what would hank have thought of myspace? sometimes i wonder if he ever went on the internet at all...
No need to wonder, he did not.

...Blake, said that she was glad that Mitch Hedberg, and Bill Hicks died before MySpace because she would have hated to see them asking to be anyone's friend.
Eh...okay. Well, I have to go with Jordan on this one. That says more about the ego of the person saying it than the state of the internet or comedy in general. It's like saying, "Gee, I'm sure glad John Lennon was murdered, I would have hated to see him do a grunge record." What the fuck?

...friends list...Mike is the first photo.
Oh my, it's the "Bon't Try" tattoo guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back