My "My name is Dennis, and I'm a bukaholic" (1 Viewer)

Well group, I just recently learned of Bukowski, after watching the movie "factotum"; not to be disrespectful or presumptuous, I find myself very similar to Buk.

Here is a guy, who felt much more then he was comfortable with, and to release these feelings, he wrote (and drank, and fucked, and fought). I live this life.

I'm not the smartest. I'm not the most clever. But I live my live, bleeding on paper, and bathing in spirits.

Thank you to whoever started this forum.

welcome Dennis.

so do you like one beer in particular? or are you like me, and prefer the one in front of you.

and I'm pretty sure you're smart enough, you found this forum, right?

right. enjoy. and mjp started all this. thank him accordingly. ;)

Have you read Bukowski? any favorite?

Obviously, my favorite is "Beer" ... i'm new to the world of Bukowski, learning of him as I go. As I stated above, I'm not the smartest in the world, It takes me longer to fully understand the things I read, because, well, I didn't write them.

If that makes any sense.

so do you like one beer in particular? or are you like me, and prefer the one in front of you.

and I'm pretty sure you're smart enough, you found this forum, right?

My favorite beer, is a beer brought and paid by the women I'll bed that night. :) Or a beer bought by the man I'll fight that night (hows that for manners?).

I'm the stupidest smart person you'll ever meet, one minute blowing your mind with my intellect, the next infuriating you with my ridiculousness.

Thank you for the welcomes, They are appreciated it. I just hope tomorrow, when I'm sober, I remember I found a piece of heaven.

Welcome, Dennis. My advice would be to seek out a few books and devour them.

The movie Factotum may be based on Buk's book, but at the end of it all, reading his words is where it's at.

I've been watching the multitude of youtube stuff on Buk, and have loved it. I'll certainly seek out his books, when finances allow; plus the net has been a great source of finding his work as well.

I may be villified a bit here, but I never really cared for Buk's readings. I think I enjoy them about as much as he did. But, I cannot even express the joy with which I grab a book and find gems in them.

If your only experience with Buk is someone else's interpretation, and a different medium such as film (granted; Barfly, but that wasn't really so good, in my mind), you really haven't gotten a true feel of his power.

It's all about the words, man!

Post Office is a good novel to start with. That is his first one.
Starts like this,

"It began as a mistake" . . .

then you won't be able to put it down, maybe to get a beer.

Welcome to the party Dennis. You will regret the long name when you login a few more times. That's why I did not go with Gerard K H Lovesthe ScotchandSoda.
You will find volumes of Bukowski writing right here in this great forum. You are right thanks to whoever put this together. They did good.
When I buy you a beer we cannot fight.

My favorite beer, is a beer brought and paid by the women I'll bed that night. :) Or a beer bought by the man I'll fight that night (hows that for manners?).

I'm the stupidest smart person you'll ever meet, one minute blowing your mind with my intellect, the next infuriating you with my ridiculousness.
Oh my.

Thank you to whoever started this forum.
You're welcome. Though I often wonder if I will live to regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back