My testimony (1 Viewer)

Hi,
I saw this on Etsy. Now, I can't paint, so I am cannot throw stones, but doesn't Buk look a little like Santa? Georgia looks a little like Debbie Harry with black hair. Also, read the description. I thought "Beat-Era author" was funny (The Beat Era was from the mid-50's, which would make James Michener & Ray Bradbury beat-era writers. Not in the style, but at the same time), until I see that Georgia is listed as being a transvestite. Finally, don't miss the Grover slippers on Buk....

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5788122

Also, I must say that they are talented, many of their paintings are very interesting. I just think that this one is a bit "off".

il_fullxfull.7381585.jpg

In refrence to the Miami D above: It was a shock to see that since I just unwrapped the genuine Bukowski.net members post cards tonight. Our Black Swan put that to shame. They can't hold a candle to Deforges.
My thanks to Black Swan and the Buk net members who funded the reproductions.

It seems like the Buk/Georgia pic is a popular motive, but I don't think Buk looks like Buk in this painting. Black Swan's Buk was much better. Interesting painting none the less...

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer never to criticize other people's work
because it is not a nice thing to do... and bad karma!
but still I think that Kenny Rogers never looked so good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back