New to Bukowski, poetry in general. Need help gettting started (1 Viewer)

This probably sounds cliche but I originally took interest in Bukowski because of the song by Modest Mouse titled "Bukowski". So I did some research to read more about him and find him interesting, although I have not read any of his novels or poems. The only thing I have really read about him is the quotes that are online. I have to do a research paper on an author. The paper is about how an event that happened in an author's life has affected at least three of his works. I was looking into maybe the abuse he suffered with as a child or maybe his alcoholism. I am just looking for a place to start. Any help, opinions, or feedback would be appreciated. thank you.

Some of those Bukowski quotes on the interweb are not actually Bukowski quotes. Maybe even read something that's suggested in the thread dgray provided and see if you actually like his writing. You know, due diligence and all that.

Modest Mouse did more for making Bukowski popular than Jon Webb, John William Corrington and John Martin put together. It's sad, but true.

Believe it or not, I still don't know who or what Modest Mouse is. Don't google it for me.

Modest Mouse did more for making Bukowski popular...
to younger generations. There are plenty of us older folks with good taste who happened upon him in other ways.

But no matter. 3C, just grab a copy of Burning in Water Drowning in Flame. If you don't like that one, you probably won't like any of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back