new to the board... (1 Viewer)

I have been a Bukowski fan ever since a bright orange cover caught my eye in a bookstore some 20 years ago and I picked up a copy Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame. I thought it was the coolest title I ever heard. Then I got into the words and never looked back. I concentrated on his poetry mostly until recently. I have now read 6 or 7 of his novels in the past year...the last one being Pulp. Bulgakov's Master and Margarita is right next to Buk's novels on the bookshelves and I had read M and M in my early twenties. Right before I got into Buk's novels I had plowed through Chandler's hardboiled detective novels. Pulp fascinated me because it seemed a perfect combination of those two styles...I've read many opinions putting down Pulp, but I thought it was great. Anyway...that's what came to mind as I thought of what I wanted to say about Bukowski.

Full disclosure: my first post was blocked because I signed up here and posted about a chapbook of mine. My apologies for that...chalk it up to unbridled excitement. I plan on spending some time searching through what at first glance looks to be a wealth of Bukowski knowledge. Good to be here...

James O'Shea

Welcome to the forum, James! - Yes, there are many different opinions when it comes to Pulp. It seems like either you love it or you hate it. I like it! I find it very funny..

Full disclosure: my first post was blocked because I signed up here and posted about a chapbook of mine. My apologies for that...chalk it up to unbridled excitement. I plan on spending some time searching through what at first glance looks to be a wealth of Bukowski knowledge. Good to be here...

James O'Shea

haw. i've been here a little while, and there was this post about Celine. it was asking something like do you like him, are you familiar with him or something like that. I just wrote an ellipsis

like that, you know to be funny, because Celine was so known for his dots. and my post was removed. i cried for two days. there was just no comforting me.

then i took opera singing lessons, and my life changed.
i feel almost like a brand new man.

Yeah...I normally don't take rejection too well either. But look at how far I've come...other than I use way too many ellipsi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back