oh noes its a new person! (1 Viewer)

Hey there everyone. My name is Laura Stuart. A friend of mine got me interested in Bukowski's work, and I've been all over the place learning, reading, etc. I think I'm obsessed with the guy.

Anyway, I'm an Englsih major. I'm what you'd call a "professional student". I've been in college for 6 years now, and I don't see myself graduating anytime soon. I live in Akron Ohio, and it's not such a bad little city.

I've run out of things to say, but I'll try to be active on your forums.

hello

My first taste of the Bukmeister came when someone lent me a battared copy of Post Office about 4 years ago. Since then I've been hooked...read absolutely everything (well all the novels, short stories and some of his poetry books).

before i read him, i read nothing. i always thought 'books are rubbish mate'. that of course was due to all the dull books i had to read at school.
yet through buk i got into so many great writers (fante, celine, hamsun, dosteovsky, and other stuff buk may not have liked such as henry miller and some burroughs)

i've just ordered a copy of a book of his interviews, 'sunlight here i am.'
i enjoyed reading the books of his letters. just as enlightening as reading his prose and poetry imho.

peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Back