Ok. I'm scared. (1 Viewer)

Johannes

Founding member
Some bearded guy singing and, errm, kind of "acting" out Bukowskis "Bluebird" over some, errrm, avantgarde piano piece or something.

It's called "The-Bukowski Songs", composed by Persis Anne Vehar.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't decide whether to laugh or cry.

Thank you.

That is easily the funniest thing I've seen all morning.

They should get Nobel prizes for that. Or at least MacArthur genius grants.

And then when they die, please, someone let me know, so I can go piss on their graves.

:eek: That's truly terrible.

I hate to do this to you, but there's more...

There was time... not to long ago... when an audience felt it was their right to boo and hiss and generally express their disgust with fools like this.
Some great composers met a hailstorm of negativity and critical savaging. And later... many of these works were recognized as works of genius... Stravinskys 'The Right of Spring' comes to mind.
I mention this because I only wish I was in that audience. I would have yelled and screamed until they dragged me out of there.
Those are couple of A-grade fuckwits (putting on their tuxes and fucking up both poetry and the lieder form). They should be buried up to their heads and have a lawn mower driven over them.

Now that is funny and insane
Just think if he decides to sing "Trouble with Spain" or something like it

Let's sing out loud

"I not only burnt my balls in that shower
last Wednesday, I spun around to get out of the burning
water and burnt my bunghole
too"

wow.
I think he should stick with HMS Pinafore.
I couldn't watch more than a minute, and I have a high threshold for pretentious artsy crap. well, I guess I just found my saturation point.
wow.

I don't care about the title - I like the music! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like me - an interesting mix of Blues, Rock`n`Roll, early AC/DC stuff
and irish folks elements really pretty cool !

...an interesting mix of Blues, Rock`n`Roll, early AC/DC stuff
and irish folks elements really pretty cool !

Throw in a racing forum, and you got you self a full afternoon!

Groovy!

I would have named it Bukowski Blues, but I'll save that for when I get talented
enough to make music, get a band together, write and record original music, and
throw it up on the YouTube.

Glad they aren't charging for using the old man's words like those other
fuckheads.

I emailed the artist in question, and he replied that I couldn't appreciate what he did because I'm a Christian. Ha ha ha.

No one has accused me of being Christian in a long time. Though I used to get angry email at smog.net because people mistook me for this guy, and thought it was shameful that a nice Christian writer would use such foul language and encourage such ungodly behavior.

The internet is awesome.

I really should write back to Pavarotti Lite and let him know that I don't appreciate what he does because it's shit. But then maybe that would be belaboring the point. I think he already gets that...

I emailed the artist in question, and he replied that I couldn't appreciate what he did because I'm a Christian. Ha ha ha.

No one has accused me of being Christian in a long time.

Somehow, I can't picture you in a church with a bible under your arm.
You must tell him that you don't like such despicable accusations...:D

I think Valerian already hates me, so I won't be sending him any further notes.

For a while there I was actually thinking that I was being too hard on him, then I went and watched the first 30 seconds of that god damned Bluebird video again, and decided that it is impossible to be too hard on him.

You can't put things like that out into the universe and expect to escape unchallenged and unscathed.

mjp said:
then I went and watched the first 30 seconds of that god damned Bluebird video again

that's what I would call an extreme case of self-flagellation! Is that some sort of strange way to redeem your sins? ;) I'd rather be an unredeemed sinner. Ha!

He says in his intro to Bluebird that he "bought the rights to the poems." He's selling a CD, so I assume he actually did buy some sort of limited rights.

The question is, who sold rights for such an idiotic purpose? I mean I guess that's a rhetorical question. It probably took place around 1999 or 2000, based on the dates of those recordings.

I just know way too much about all of this now, and I feel dirty.

No one has accused me of being Christian in a long time.

Thank god.

Though I used to get angry email at smog.net because people mistook me for this guy, and thought it was shameful that a nice Christian writer would use such foul language and encourage such ungodly behavior.

Aren't you that guy that wrote the seven laws of money with sali rasberry?
Sorry.

The internet is awesome.

I really should write back to Pavarotti Lite and let him know that I don't appreciate what he does because it's shit. But then maybe that would be belaboring the point. I think he already gets that...

I wonder how the cocksucker would feel getting a letter from... (blush) me.

(snip)

and thought it was shameful that a nice Christian writer would use such foul language and encourage such ungodly behavior.

I wonder how the cocksucker would feel getting a letter from... (blush) me.

I think it could only help him. Ha.

In fact, if he got email from a few different people, I think it would help him immensely.

[email protected]

Oops, did I just include his address? How do I erase that?

It's on his website.

Well, I do have strong feelings about this. I'll write to him and ask about those
rights he bought to sing the poems. I think a few people here at the forum
have asked how to do just such a thing. I'm sure they couldn't butcher the
old man's life work with any less abandon than Krinski has. So, it may prove
to be educational.

Let y'all know how it goes.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

P.S. Just noticed the asshole uses the picture I'm using as an avatar. Hey?
Immediate rapport with the motherfucker.

Opera Meets Skid Row featuring Bukowski poetry

Awright.

I wrote to Valerian and asked him about the rights he purchased.

For those wishing to do similar (I have a gun, now. be advised) ...(granted it's
a potato gun, but I'm pretty accurate) according to Valerian the rights to
perform the poems cost a meager 75 american dollars for each poem. I
put the meager in the sentence, not Krinski. This permission he obtained from
the publisher. That's according to Valerian.

There have been not just one thread about this question, i.e. how do I go
about getting the rights to ass rape bukowski and use his works for blah, blah
blah... I won't suggest a F.A.Q. 'cause then I'd feel obligated in some way,
but there it is, steraight from the grand Old Aw-per-ah's mouth.

What gets me is how much the old man (Bukowski) loved classical music.
Let your imaginations go from there.

And that's about all I got in this department.

That $75 per poem had to be based on the perceived commercial potential of the recording. I can't imagine the price would be the same for some cookie cutter million seller out there.

I asked VALERIAN how many copies of the recording he has sold, he didn't respond. Maybe it was the way I asked; "Not counting orders from your family and known masochists, how many of the Bukowski song CDs have you sold?"

Now that I look at it, that's probably why he didn't answer my other questions too...

... because people mistook me for this guy

What??? You AREN'T that guy???
I feel screwd now! All these awesome, hillarious Michael-Phillips-books, on my shelf I bought in hope to meet you personally one day and make you sign them! You weren't the author? So Who are you?

Please do not shoot me
I was thinking that the fact that an opera singer would choose Bukowski's texts is not such a bad thing. I am not an opera fan but I happen to know a few very cool people who appreciate that form of art

I find it more funny than horrendous.
I think that these musicians are demonstrating a certain courage and a clear appreciation of Buk, no?
Does their work deserve to get entirely blasted?

Anyone?

Please do not shoot me

You mean the potato gun?

I was thinking that the fact that an opera singer would choose Bukowski's texts is not such a bad thing. I am not an opera fan but I happen to know a few very cool people who appreciate that form of art

I find it more funny than horrendous.
I think that these musicians are demonstrating a certain courage and a clear appreciation of Buk, no?
Does their work deserve to get entirely blasted?

Anyone?

Someone said it in the thread about the Disney Cars. Where there used to be
so little about Bukowski except for Bukowski himself now: toy cars. :eek:

Then again, while Opera was invented to give the rich something to feel, what
would they think about hearing a song about Bukowski cutting off his balls and
flushing them like a couple of apricots?

There is appreciation, and then...
It's a fine line, isn't it?

Let's say that opera was invented for the rich to feel something does not mean that it can't change.
Think of Buk in his greasy room with his toes coming out of his socks listening to Mahler with a fifth of Grand Dad.
I knew someone who sat in the Chinatowns wherever they were, drunk out of his mind listening to Maria Callas, for years that is

What gets me is how much the old man (Bukowski) loved classical music.
Let your imaginations go from there.

And that's about all I got in this department.

Think of Buk in his greasy room with his toes coming out of his socks listening to Mahler with a fifth of Grand Dad.

I already did. A few posts before you.

Now think of saturation.
Bukowski beer, for instance.

We could argue the merits of beer, or Bukowski.

Or we can argue that it is a tribute to the man, the life stlye and the ...
you know?

I like having Bukowski's work where I can find it. In his Books and in his poetry
with nothing added, nothing taken away and nothing extra.

He never even removed his warts.
He was 100% Bukowski till the day he died.

I miss him, and Opera isn't going to bring him back.
I can turn to him when I like, in his books, and poetry.

Yes. There are ways to bring him to those whom fate otherwise may not have
touched by him. But isn't it like those little souvenirs they sell of the Eiffel
Tower, and Mickey Mouse?

Bukowski Dolls, with a little stuffing coming out of the ears, and holes in the
socks. A tribute, or?

I believe that those guys may have good intentions. They may also have
selfish intentions. It's not for me to say.

I may say in all honesty that it is not my cupp'a tea.

Dignified poetry.
The first one is called Jam (B U R P )

;)

I already did.

Was just agreeing with you.

And I too love him as he is

It is just that it fascinates me to see the different types of people that his poetry has reached even if so remote from my standpoint

On Bukowski beer hummm! I'd have to have one...
Bukowski dolls , gross (*X*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back