On Writing

Discussion in 'Books, magazines, publications' started by Dirtydoh, Dec 4, 2014.

Tags:
  1. My pleasure. :) I hope that next time I review a Buk book I can spend less time on background and editing issue so that I write more about the actual book.

2. The things you find on the net :aerb::

http://entropymag.org/on-writing-by-charles-bukowski/

3. :acb:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  4. PhillyDave

PhillyDave “The essential doesn't change.” Beckett Redwood Original Unholy Ones

Finally picked up a copy of ON WRITING. Thanks. Necessary work. The gods delight.

gabilager, Black Swan and yougetso like this.
  5. Finally got it in Vancouver in a cool bookstore Tanglewood on west broadway. Looks somewhat like this but I'm sure you already have it.

1501203645115-1823375615.jpg

1501203678117611643158.jpg

6. btw.:
    The German translation of this comes out in about 2 weeks.
    We'll have that on sale - still smelling like just printed - at our BUKOWSKI-SYMPOSIUM on August 19 in Andernach, Germany.

Oh, and we'll have the German editor in charge for this one as a speaker there (publisher is KiWi).

Oh, well, and we'll have the editor who's in charge (amongst other Buk) for all the Calonne-books including the upcoming (in October this year) German translation of 'The Bell Tolls ...' also as a speaker (publisher is Fischer).

7. with my brazilian copy in my hands, translated by Rodrigo Breunig for L&PM and released in Brazil on 2016, I'm amazed to read this thread as I get to know more about this piece that I'm addicted to.

the brazilian title is kinda lame, "writing to not go mad", and it seens to be a routine around here, because every title is associated with madness when they don't use the original. great job, Abel. thanks for that, even if I'm a couple years late.

8. (what I think it's funny about the titles in brazil is that they kinda try to emulate Buk's voice, in order to call attention and to sound less like a collection, I suppose.)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg