Paintings/Drawings that show Bukowski (not BY Bukowski) (1 Viewer)

This is a drawing which someone left on Bukowski's grave where I saw it last December.

Untitled-1.png

I just posted a Bukowski portrait on this website: davidzukas.com. I would like to see any and all other paintings of Bukowski. Please post pictures or links to where anyone could see them.

CharlesBukowski.jpg

well, they put it in the wrong thread so it's not my fault...

for the record i think it's an awful, overworked and stiff drawing - like all his stuff - so i don't know why i posted it in the first place.

Wow, so many great paintings of Bukowski here! I believe that all workds that are posted in this thread are done by talented people:)

Can we get some nicotine stains on the fingers and the teeth?

I miss nicotine stains on every third person.

There's this Bukowski poem where is says you could walk down the street and people would not lock their cars or would leave their windows down and you could snag a pack of cigarettes. I remember that well.

Salinger. Talk about someone who was completely different than the people/kids he wrote about. Makes Buk's mythes seem real. But that's what makes me so impressed. Really, really impressed. He's like a kid looking inside of other peoples' windows and capturing that in the first person.

OK, this is totally the wrong thread. Let's get back to stealing cigarettes.

This one brings me to tears every time I see it. This is the actual photo, on eBay now...

Starting bidding price $7.99, or you can grab it now for only $10.39.

Description:
Hand Made UNIQUE Facial Brooch Charles Bukowski
roversync

But hell, I'd pay $100 for it if it made all those t-shirts go away...

s-l500.jpg

I just posted these on another thread, but I might as well post them here as well...

My girlfriend made these drawings for me to use on my blog:

BukowskiTekeningEEn.jpg

BukowskiTekeningtweeJanaMichel.jpg

some German painter calling himself "Toro" is showing his Bukowski-inspired works at a mall in Hamburg at the moment.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this. There was a photography thread "you just gotta shoot" a few years back that I thought would be a good spot but it is in the All Things Not Bukowski section.

There is a restaurant a few blocks from my place in Denver that has been hit by cars three times in the past 15 months. Repair has been slow and the place is open but half boarded up. So the lady comes home yesterday and says "there is a large Bukowski mural" on the boarded up restaurant. I initially had visions of "find what you love and let it kill you" next to a painting of Hank.

So I walked up there for lunch today and here it is.
IMG_8678.jpg

This next one is only 5-6 blocks south and permanent. It has been there since I moved here in 2007 and very slick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back