• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Pastoral From 1991 (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Hi,
Has anyone ever seen a copy of the Bukowski broadside PASTORAl from 1991? If so, does anyone have one for sale?

Will consider trade or purchase, of course...

Best,
Bill

p.s. While I'm at it, I'm still looking for a HB 1st Trade of Burning in Water.

Haven't seen Pastoral. Who was it issued by?

I also don't know where to get a Trade First of "Burning..." Speaking of which... has anyone ever noticed that Trade First Hardcovers seem to be generally more difficult to find than the signed/limited versions of the same books?

Not dumb, hell no. The last time this was on ebay (which was the first time I'd seen it in years) it sold for around 400USD.
For a piece paper.
Now that we all know about it here, I wonder what it will go for.

Reading the description it sounds like they're sitting on a bunch of these, meaning what's rare now will be not-so-rare sometime in the future. It looks like a nice piece (Limberlost does fine work) but I don't think I'd want to spend too much on it at this point.

Hi,
They (limberlost) are sitting on the entire run, which has never officially been released. This were printed in 1991, but the project of broadsides, by many poets, that they are do to be included in has not been released yet.

Bill

But given the scope of the project, it may be cheaper to buy just this piece on its own (?)

Good luck!

Hi,
I have reservations that this project will ever be released. I asked the publisher about putting in an advance order, but could not even get a reply.

Bill

OK. I won this one. This has taken me 8 years to find a copy. I do hope that they release more copies. Sure, that will lower the value on MY copy, but it looks like a beauty and it is a shame to not have these out there where they can be appreciated by collectors.
Bill

Congrats. I was going to bid on this beauty but it got lost in the muck and mire of my day. Nice work. I hope like hell he posts another copy. I know there must be a stack of them in his print shop.

OK. I won this one. This has taken me 8 years to find a copy.

Congrats indeed Bill,
And I wonder if this is kind of like the Fencing with the Shadows broadside....
Eventually not so elusive.

Could you please scan and post it when you receive it
(And, but no, I was going to ask if I get any credit for posting it here when it appeared on e-bay, but man, no Buk escapes you on that techno-flea market)
;)
Zoom man

I see that Limberlost has let another of these make it to ebay. Does anyone else get the feeling that they're intentionally letting these slowly dribble out so that the broadside maintains an overstated rarity status, allowing them to sell them for more than they're really worth? The things were printed 18 years ago and you're still working on the project? Yeah, okay...

I bought one of these when it came up late last year.
It took months to arrive, but when it did there were two copies of the broadside in the tube.
I let the seller know and he he said 'just keep it - no worries'.

So clearly Limberlost don't value them too highly.

Does anyone else get the feeling that they're intentionally letting these slowly dribble out so that the broadside maintains an overstated rarity status, allowing them to sell them for more than they're really worth?
Of course. He couldn't get $80 for them if he listed one every week.

That is not rare at all, since we know there are at least 150, and we know exactly where most of them are. It's a false, manufactured rarity. A page right out of Martin's book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back