pleasures of the damned dust jacket (1 Viewer)

i've been reading mine at a snails pace,
i notice that the dust jacket is tearing easily.
anyone else experiencing this?

i don't need the dust jacket,
but the product just seems cheap to fall apart so easily.

maybe i was drunk and threw the book a few times,
but that's no excuse on ecco's part.

maybe it's just me.

Try reading it without the dust jacket, or do what I do: buy two copies; one to venerate and the other to fold, spindle and mutilate.

Enjoy!

i've been reading mine at a snails pace, ...
Hmm, maybe I've made the right decision not buying this book since there are only 14 new poems in it.

I experienced once another ecco Buk-book fell on the ground by accidence, and it was totally damaged.
Who has the guts to try this with a BS Buk-book...and see what happens.
First try it with a BS paperback...

i'm not a collecter, but i like hardcovers.
still, it ripped easy, i doubt a few collected books will make me filthy rich.
so i'll just enjoy this book for what it is, the words, it's cool if you collect,
i would too if i didn't start by being cheap and buying paperbacks.

i'm just like, "wtf, why is the cellophane like dust jacket falling apart?"

the book is still bukowski.

all that matters.

The Things I Do For Bukowski

First try it with a BS paperback...
I just did so, but that's easy for me since I have so many multiple copies.

I took HAM ON RYE, a pretty thick book, held it waist high and let it drop down to the floor. It made a noise much like that of a book falling down onto the floor and raised a cloud of dust. Book fell down flat and seemed to come out of it in pretty good shape.

I also took a BS HARDCOVER (SOUTH OF NO NORTH) and replicated the experiment. The book decided to land on its spine (must have been the air-currents). I picked up the book, wiped off the dust and noticed the spine no longer looks like it's in MINT condition. Good thing it's a 13th edition copy.

I won't try this with SHAKESPEARE NEVER DID THIS because it is sure to be damaged, due to it's large size and lack of aerodynamics.

I just did so, but that's easy for me since I have so many multiple copies.

I took HAM ON RYE, a pretty thick book, held it waist high and let it drop down to the floor. It made a noise much like that of a book falling down onto the floor and raised a cloud of dust. Book fell down flat and seemed to come out of it in pretty good shape.

I also took a BS HARDCOVER (SOUTH OF NO NORTH) and replicated the experiment. The book decided to land on its spine (must have been the air-currents). I picked up the book, wiped off the dust and noticed the spine no longer looks like it's in MINT condition. Good thing it's a 13th edition copy.

I won't try this with SHAKESPEARE NEVER DID THIS because it is sure to be damaged, due to it's large size and lack of aerodynamics.

Nice fictional experience;)

Oops! I did it again. This time with GAYLORD (his real name) Brewer's Buk Bio. A cloud of dust was all, but then again, it fell flat. Loud noise, too.

Speaking of which, Brewer's book is part of some TWAYNE'S UNITED STATES AUTHORS SERIES. No. 684. Does this means that 683 undeserving motherfuckers had their bios published first?

The outrage!

Take my wife, please...

Quote of a friend: Yeah Wright

This one I don't quite get, but if the joke is what I think it is, it isn't funny.

Irony, pathos, bathos, word-play, punning, homonyms, etc, are not in and of themselves funny and or wry.

I'll shut up now.

I just put a match to my copy of Come On In and it burst into flames! I'll bet a signed hardcover first edition of The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over The Hills wouldn't do that!

MULLINAX?

Ruddy Duck Press - Seriously Demented

I thought you'd never ask. Alas, I only have an unsigned SOFTCOVER of THE DAYS RUN AWAY LIKE WILD HORSES OVER THE HILLS (see THE MULLINAX SOFTCOVER COLLECTION, coming soon to this newsgroup), so I won't be able to duplicate your worthy experiment.

I do have two copies of that total bullshit publication put out by RUDDY DUCK PRESS, ORO MADRE # 10, GOING MODERN.

I am going to tear up and burn one copy and show you guys a picture.

After I've purchased a camera.

Let this be a warning!

Mullinax -- you need to vacuum ... all that dust. I don't have the guts to intentionally drop any Bukowski book. I think I'd involuntarily scream when it hit the floor. I'm thinking a lot about dust because we've been cleaning house for weeks, anticipatory to tonight's Christmas party when OTHER PEOPLE will be in our house and see that we live like this.

Place holder; since you mentioned it I have noticed two tears on mine on the spine on either side of ECCO. It's like something is removing their name from what I thought was a tear proof piece of paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back