Quotes for Stubborn Hangovers and Chafed Lungs (1 Viewer)

indeed, I've got a feeling I may have slightly misquoted though :confused: obviously feel free to persecute me if that's the case.

Oh and I posted that quote after hearing about yet another disgracefully low pay rise at work. I think I may include it in my letter of complaint to the boss man...

... And he told his audiences that he was not the World Teacher nor their guru. But if you're wearing a Mickey Mouse head and huge white gloves you can tell everyone that you're not Mickey Mouse until you're blue in the face but everyone is still gonna call you "Mickey" and ask you where you buried Minnie.

Holy ca-moly! Did I write that?!
Outta sight...

Sometimes writing is like being in a trance...and when you look back on something you wrote months or years before, it can be like reading someone else's work.

I am impressed.

Good job, AL!

When a shepherd goes to kill a wolf
and takes his dog to see the sport,
he should take care to avoid mistakes.

The dog has certain relationships to the wolf
the shepherd may have forgotten.

Robert Pirsig - Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

(Read ZMM when I was young and that quote has stuck with me ever since. Dunno why. The only dog we ever had at home was a Jack Russell)

Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
- Søren A. Kierkegaard

I divide my time as follows: half the time I sleep, the other half I dream. I never dream when I sleep, for that would be a pity, for sleeping is the highest accomplishment of genius.
- Søren A. Kierkegaard

I do not care for anything. I do not care to ride, for the exercise is too violent. I do not care to walk, walking is too strenuous. I do not care to lie down, for I should either have to remain lying, and I do not care to do that, or I should have to get up again, and I do not care to do that either. Summa summarum: I do not care at all.
- Søren A. Kierkegaard

Well, I could go on for several pages with Kierkegaard...!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back