Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 (1 Viewer)

nervas

more crickets than friends
Went to the arclight in Sherman Oaks to see Zombie's Halloween 2. I'm a pretty big fan of Rob's, so didn't want to miss it. Thought the first one was good enough. The second one, well I don't know, I kinda felt overkill throughout the whole movie. Also seemed like his wifes part in the movie, which is MOST of the movie, was written just so she'd have a part. I mean, she did die in the first movie, so bringing her back made me question the reasoning. Also the fact that they changed the original young Michael Myers kinda through the entire thing off. I've read it was because the original kid is too tall now? Anyway, anyone else seen it? Thoughts?

halloween_poster.jpg

If you like the brainless joys of zombydom every now and dark then you should check out the Nwegian flick :D
more

I like this guy, I've seen his two first ones (The House of 1000 corpses + The devil's rejects) and havn't been disappointed.
Not really interested by a remake from Halloween, unless Rob Zombie has brought something valuable to the initial Carpenter's films.
What's your opinion about his Halloween 1 ?

Also seemed like his wifes part in the movie, which is MOST of the movie, was written just so she'd have a part. I mean, she did die in the first movie, so bringing her back made me question the reasoning.
Rob Zombie seems to adulate his wife, maybe I'm wrong but that's what I felt when I saw the two movies.

If you like the brainless joys of zombydom every now and dark then you should check out the Nwegian flick :D
more
It seems good, gory and funny at a time.
Another good bloody movie (with vampires) which is set in a snowy place : 30 days of night. But no funny scenes in it. And Muse is apparently in the soundtrack (I've not heard it during the film but it's in the trailer). :D

If you want to have fun, just watch Shaun of the dead, a spoof movie caricaturing Romero's zombie films. That film is cult !

And I remember that this year (or at the end of last year), a vampire film from Norway or Denmark or Sweden was released, depicting a "love story" between two young kids, the girl being a vampire. Nothing to do with Twilight, it was an independent movie and said to be gory. But I've totally forgotten his title and nationality.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to have fun, just watch Shaun of the dead, a spoof movie caricaturing Romero's zombie films. That film is cult !

And I remember that this year (or at the end of last year), a vampire film from Norway or Denmark or Sweden was released, depicting a "love story" between two young kids, the girl being a vampire. Nothing to do with Twilight, it was an independent movie and said to be gory. But I've totally forgotten his title and nationality.

Wow. Will wonders never cease! I actually agree with you that Shaun of the Dead was a really funny movie.

The other film you're referring to is titled Let the Right One In, and it's very very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I loved Rob's first Halloween remake. It's actually one of my favorite horror movies now. Yes, he absolutely brought something different. The movie focuses on the childhood of Michael Myers and gives a ton of background on what made him a serial killer. A must see for sure. I agree, in how much Rob adores his wife, I'd probably do the same, if I had the chance. But in this second film, it seemed overdone.

Also, yes "Shaun Of The Dead" is amazing and "Let The Right One In" is a fantastic book. I have not seen the movie.

Thanks for the title, that's indeed the film I was talking about !

I've seen that Zombie Halloween is watchable on youtube and have begun viewing the first vid. Little Michael is cute with his Kiss t-shirt, though a bit worrying ! Yes, Zombie does seem to drill on his childhood, I've rapidly gone through cupcakes watching the next vid and could thus attend to Michael's first murder... reassurung to see a kid playing a psycho with such credibility...

Wow. Will wonders never cease!
What .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back