• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Seven Bukowski Letters On E-bay Right Now (1 Viewer)

M

MULLINAX

Cigarpipeman tells me that there is a batch of 6 letters and another handwritten missive on e-Bay up for auction at this very moment. At low prices. I guess the snipers will be lining up their shots soon.

₳ "¢ â‚¢ "¢ â‚° "¢ ₯ "¢ â‚  "¢ â‚£ "¢ ℳ "¢ ₧ "¢ I/."¢ Kčs

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed and Doodled

Some lucky person just picked up 6 Bukowski letters IN ONE FELL SWOOP!

ebay.ca didn't have them. must have been U.S. only. what did they go for?

Too ba we can't read the letters and see if they were interesting. Nice drawings though...

I have a line of communication with Ezio. I could ask him to post them here(?).
He can only say yes or no (or no, get stuffed)... so no harm, right?

Go for it.
jumping0041.gif

request...

Send EZIO this:

Carissimo Bukistosolo Ezio!

Allora, hai vinto quelle lettere di nostro meraviglioso ubriacone e cretino Hank. Che gioia! Sei veramente un campione di e-Bay. Un assassino!

Voglio chiederti una cosa, bravo stronzo. Puoi lasciare a noi poveri schiavi una veduta?

La Fraternita Bukistosolo Internazionale (FBI) vi ringrazia con un sacco di merda e una bottiglia di smegma.

Per Bukowski!

Ahh, no thanks. His English is fine, my Italian is non-existent and I like to know what I'm talking about when I communicate with someone... it's just a thing I have.

Thanks anyway.

But... but... it's a series of tongue-in-cheek insults, praise and requests - delivered in a jocular manner!

Ezio has agreed to email me scans of the letters when he receives them.
I'll post them when he does.

He says this is one of his favourite sites.
I say the same thing.

Ezio has agreed to email me scans of the letters when he receives them.
I'll post them when he does.

He says this is one of his favourite sites.
I say the same thing.

That sounds great, ROC! Thanks a lot! It's gonna be interesting to read those letters...

Well, we may never see those scans.
It's just under 60 days since Ezio bought my signed copy of the days run away... and he still hasn't received it yet.
He's starting to get (understandably) nervous and (less understandably) shitty with me.
Even suggesting I may not have shipped the book at all.

Obviously if the book is a no show he will tell me to shove the scans up my ass (not that he will let me have them to do that).

What does one do under the circumstances?
He asked for the book to be sent uninsured and with a declared value of only 50USD (to Italy :eek:).
There's no way in hell I'm giving him his $$$ back.

Am I evil?

Ezio is an Italian and I take his side. Tradition. Tradition.

Nevertheless, I hope that the book eventually arrives. He'll probably get it when the thieves who took it figure out it's easier to have Ezio ransom it than sell it themselves.

If that happens, everybody wins! (And we'll see those scans)

Shipping to Italy in any circumstance is a great risk.
Registered or not, insured or not, low customs value etc...
A lot of people I know won't ship there anymore and I myself am thinking of taking the same stance. Sucks but what can you do.
There are some online shipping companies that offer much better insurance when it comes to shipping overseas (check Endicia) than the USPS does but anything going to Italy is at risk of being 'lost'.

Personally I've never had any troubles shipping to Italy but everytime I do it I'm biting my knuckles til the package arrives.

And sometimes it does take a couple months for a package to surface so there's still a chance.

Probably not what you want to hear but...

Cheers

Well, we may never see those scans.
It's just under 60 days since Ezio bought my signed copy of the days run away... and he still hasn't received it yet.
He's starting to get (understandably) nervous and (less understandably) shitty with me.
Even suggesting I may not have shipped the book at all.

Obviously if the book is a no show he will tell me to shove the scans up my ass (not that he will let me have them to do that).

What does one do under the circumstances?
He asked for the book to be sent uninsured and with a declared value of only 50USD (to Italy :eek:).
There's no way in hell I'm giving him his $$$ back.

Am I evil?

That's a bad situation to be in. If the book does'nt surface then he should take the loss because it was him who wanted the book sent uninsured. That said, there's still time for it to show up...

Send EZIO this:

Carissimo Bukistosolo Ezio!

Allora, hai vinto quelle lettere di nostro meraviglioso ubriacone e cretino Hank. Che gioia! Sei veramente un campione di e-Bay. Un assassino!

Voglio chiederti una cosa, bravo stronzo. Puoi lasciare a noi poveri schiavi una veduta?

La Fraternita Bukistosolo Internazionale (FBI) vi ringrazia con un sacco di merda e una bottiglia di smegma.

Per Bukowski!

Can someone translate into english? I don't speak Italian. I have no hands.

Ciao

Can someone translate into english? I don't speak Italian. I have no hands.

MULLINAX is calling Ezio a champion of eBay, an "Assassin!", and offering
smegma and home made honey wine to him and asking for a glimpse of the
letters, perhaps one or two, to appease the FBI (The Fraternal International
Bukistosolo - It doesn't translate well. . . . but I think you get the gist of it,
he is appealing on our behalf . . .)

Then he calls Bukowski a few nice things.

Oh.

Forgot.

2214827471_370d8913c9_o.gif

- -
Ciao,
Padrisimo, Luca

Roc,once sold a collectible transistor radio and shipped it to Italy. It took more than two months. They had kept it at customs. You can always tell the guy to call customs. I believe that is what was suggested to me by Post Off. Several sellers simply refuse to ship to Italy. If he said no insurance, it has nothing to do with you. He must know that himself. Not evil, ll'get get over it

Of course you are all quite correct (that's why I come here - to have my prejudices reinforced ;) )
Poor Ezio. I think he has gone off half-cocked asking for 50% of his money back.
The book will probably arrive and then he's feel a bit silly about all the fuss.

I've had my cuppa... read all your posts and feel a whole lot better :)

Thanks

Black Swan- FANTASTIC PAINTING! That wouldn't be Peckham-Krellner, now would it?

MULLINAX is calling Ezio a champion of eBay, an "Assassin!", and offering
smegma and home made honey wine to him and asking for a glimpse of the
letters, perhaps one or two, to appease the FBI (The Fraternal International
Bukistosolo - It doesn't translate well. . . . but I think you get the gist of it,
he is appealing on our behalf . . .)

Then he calls Bukowski a few nice things.

WONDERFUL!

Next Italian work I get, I'm sending some off to you and you will be remunerated, but not with the stuff I offered to the ungrateful Ezio.

Alas, you did a 'Cherkovski' on my missive. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back