• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Shakespeare never did this - signed by both (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know what the book "Shakespeare Never Did This" by Charles Bukowski with Photographs by Michael Montfort is worth. It is also has original signatures by both on the title page. Just curious as I am going to be selling it soon and you guys seem to be very well versed in all that is Bukowski.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"the book "Shakespeare Never Did This" by Charles Bukowski with Photographs by Michael Montfort [...] original signatures by both on the title page." doesn't really do justice to what you've got there. That's a signed hardcover City Lights first edition, which is the rarest version of that title.

Shame about the trashed dust jacket though. A savvy buyer is going to beat you down on the price because of that. If I was selling that book I might try to find the unsigned version with a pristine dust jacket and swap them out. The difference in the final selling price could be worth it, depending on what you have to pay for the unsigned book.

Oh, and FYI, the next version of the forum software (due out in a month or less) will automatically rotate sideways pictures when they are posted.

That book is an odd size, which I like. If I recall correctly that's from your father's collection. Good luck on the sale. MJP' s idea for the pristine cover is a really good one. Would greatly enhance the value.

Follow MJP's advice... Or sell it to me or Ski and we'll donate the profits to the Old Whore Pension Fund ( aka, we'll buy some of Linda King's autographs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back