Shits and Giggles (1 Viewer)

"i feel any intelligent person has to be a pessimist..."

i think bukowski would've liked him.

I was watching a documentary last night and they were interviewing John Waters. I always look at bookcases when people are being interviewed in front of them, and behind Waters were some spines that looked familiar. I went over to the bookshelf here and found them, Wait Until Spring, Bandini, and Ask The Dust.

P1060333.JPG

Last edited:
I went over to the bookshelf here and found them, Wait Until Spring, Bandini, and Ask The Dust.
Starting with the Red(ish) hardcover on the left, which is Stephen Cooper's Full of Life, A Biography of John Fante, moving to the right, we also have Selected Letters 1932-1981, The Wine of Youth, Full of Life, [Dust], The Road to Los Angeles, [Bandini], 1933 Was a Good Year and The Brotherhood of the Grape.

Last edited:
When I was a (very little) kid they left milk on our front doorstep. What was up with that?

Now you can roll over in your bed half asleep and tell Postmates to bring your milk with a few taps of your thumb. Which I suppose is the same thing. Maybe we're going back in time as we move forward.

I give my dog a 2$ street massage everyday. I should start charging her.
But I don't floss her face, so I guess that sort of disqualifies the whole ordeal.

Take a spin
now you're in
with the techno set
you're going surfing
on the Internet!

Boy: "Now that I've gotten on the Internet, I'd rather be on my computer than doing just about anything."

Wow. You got that right, kid. Too many are doing just that.

Boy: "The Internet gave us a whole world of exciting new possibilities."

Another prescient observation by the young lad.

I'd say bukowski.net surely qualifies as exciting (for those in the know with exquisite taste).

Colin Steer Finds Medieval Well and Sword Under His Plymouth, England, Home

"For 25 years, Colin Steer was bewildered by a sunken portion of the floor under the couch in his Plymouth, England, home. At one point, he dug about a foot under the floor, but his wife, Vanessa, stopped him from going farther [...]

Steer, with the help of a friend, uncovered a 30-inch-wide, 33-foot-deep medieval well under the floor that site plans indicate could date back to the 16th century, British tabloid The Telegraph reported.

Hidden deep inside was a sword, which Steer grabbed while he was excavating the well, and using a rope to lift out debris."

Last night I dreamed that I was in a basement with a bunch of people (I think it was my basement, not that I have a basement, but it was a dream, ya dig?) and David Lee Roth came in. He was carrying a boombox and he sat down and turned it on and some David Lee Roth music blasted out. I wasn't amused so I said, "I don't want a David Lee Roth concert, turn it off." And Roth just sat there grinning in that way that he does. I went and got my Louisville Slugger, smashed the boombox and said, "I asked nicely."

I don't remember what happened after that. But at least it was quiet.

Great channel if you’re into movies and/or movie reviews. I've been watching them for a few years now. This is their review of Glen Danzig's hilariously bad directorial debut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back