Skidding Through the Mud Incognito (2 Viewers)

vodka

Miss Take
It's out, thanks to the kind people of erbacce-press and Gloom Cupboard.

here

I hope it's not really bad form to plug it here. If so mods, you know I'll bend over quietly.

Thanks to Jocelyne (Black Swan) Desforges for the cover art and for being a friend to me.

And thank you to Father Luke for doing the back cover blurb and also for being a friend to me.

Thanks in advance to anyone who buys it and to the people of Bukowski.net for tolerating me.

Love,
Jen
xxx

Gabriel and hooch, thank you so much!

sincerely.

And Swan, thank you for letting me use it. I think it was perfect. Remember, I'm sending one to you when I get one --- so email me over your address.

love you guys,
jen

well hank solo, i would have never known you would have even known.

and gerard, you could have asked for poems you know. i would have sent them to you.

Congrats, Jenifer!

How did it feel to hold your own poetry book in your hands for the very first time.
Still high?

Will read your poetry book in Montreal next month.
See? You're going international.

LicktheStar what is your name? and where in Portland are you?

Ponder: man, i haven't held it yet! i won't get my books until about the end of the week. smiling at international. hope you take a copy home with you. i'll be sending up another. i hope you enjoy them.

jen

Some call me... James. In fact, every one does. Unless they want a sock on the jaw! Wham bam, thank you ma'am!

Er...

I'm on the SW side, right on the edge of Tigard and Beaverton.

huh. i wonder if you would recognize me if i came in there. but i wouldn't recognize you. you would have the advantage.

Gerard, sometimes I like to sing this to Father Luke:

I'm a good girl.

I'm terrible with names, even worse with faces, and basically, all white people look the same to me.

There, I said it.

Of course, I feel the same about most races of people. Everyone looks the same in retail because basically everyone is an ass. (ha ha)

After 30 years, I'd say they all look different, except Chinese. People do go through some changes when they are spending money, that's for sure.

Now I need to cough up the dough to buy the book this thread is really about.;)

James, don't call me white - don't caaallllll me white.

Gerard, I didn't know you would by it.

My copies came yesterday. I opened them up and looked at one threw it back in the box sealed the box stuffed it in a desk drawer felt ill and now i'm actually looking through one. adjusting slowly.

Erbacce did a very nice job. I would recommend them fo sho.

Maybe i'd better put these away now.

Having a chap book is weird.

Is that me? I wrote those?

huh.

My checkout to paypal is in GBPounds. How can I order this? Should I just proceed to paypal and it will convert to USdollars? Is there a US source that wouldn't require UK shipping to the US?

Erbacce did a very nice job. I would recommend them fo sho. Maybe i'd better put these away now. Having a chap book is weird.
Is that me? I wrote those?
huh.

vodka; This is your first book? We will be customers of and witnesses of your first book? Your poetry is quite strong with some passion...and sass.
Good job on that.:)

Swan, thank you very much for all your help and support.

Purple Stickpin, I'm sorry I don't know your name yet - erbacce is in GB, so you can order them in Pounds no problem. Thanks for the interest, by the way.

And Gerard. Sass, yes. and yes, it's my first.

Thanks guys,
Jen

I really enjoyed Jen's chapbook.

Many ones I liked,
maybe some got straight to my heart,
"I Would'nt Have It Any Other Way",
I could just crisp picture.

Grammar please?...

"I Would'nt Have It Any Other Way", is very intense. I was taken for the same ride. It lets you know our dear vodka, doesn't it? Of course it's all fiction.
I will get the book by mail in the next week or so, but I was sent a preview- a very nice preview. Thank you.

got mine today. on initial skimming it looks good. I'll give it a better read tonight.

love the cover.

I can wait, I can wait. Anyway, my nails are already gone...

As far as I read from you, it's worth the wait.

(Pssst, everyone, jeniferwills.wordpress.com)

Or... just using some art:

2864350287_8de3bda3ab_o.jpg

Jen: I'm glad you like it. I posted a couple of those Wordle things, but mjp kindly selected the best one :) It's all justin barret's fault! I found those at Justin Barret's blog. Now I got the correct prescription so... back to the 'What I'm having for dinner' thread.

I received the fat envelope that had been dispatched for England last Wed. You gotta' love the English. It's no wonder she won the poetry contest. That darn Jenifer can paint with her words, pictures I can relate to. They aren't the Oh everything is so wonderful syrupy stuff, but very intense pictures of a real life. A real life with some good and some uncomfortable but believable scenes. It was like they say peeking in through her window. It was all wrapped with the very fine work of a Jocelyne Desforges painting and the sincere words of Father Luke. It was published where The Beatles came from. Just like a rock star.
one more thing...There's a poem Temper Tantrum #231 which reminds me of something my crazy ex wife did over 32 years ago. It was hell to watch back then but beautiful to read from the other side now. It was neat to have my eyes opened up to the beauty of wasting perfectly good beer. Get the book. You will enjoy it too.

Gerard, sometimes I like to sing this to Father Luke:

I hear it in my dreams, Angel.

My copies came yesterday. I opened them up and looked at one threw it back in the box sealed the box stuffed it in a desk drawer felt ill and now i'm actually looking through one. adjusting slowly.

Maybe I wrote this in cyberspace somewhere.
When I got the copies of Dust that Bill sent to me,
I photographed the package.

The next day I opened them.

Then I sat and looked at them all
day as I sat on the floor rocking back
and forth hugging my stomach.

I understand that's a shared experience.

And many, many congrats.
Please let it be the first of many. . .

well sweet thang, hopefully you hear it in her singing voice and not mine. ;)

it took me a long time to unpack the box. but mine was due to mostly fear. but you know... progress.

thank you again for doing the back cover for me. it was very kind.

it's nice to have you back here.

now come home, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back