Sons of Anarchy [Caution: contains spoilers, peanuts and gluten] (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
Warning: This Thread MAY contain SPOILERS!

I can't believe I missed the first episode of season 3 of Sons of Anarchy (bless you video on demand!), and I can't believe there isn't already a Sons of Anarchy thread or even a mention in here.

Fucking great fucking show. Fuck!

sons-of-anarchy-finale.jpg

sons_of_anarchy_ver3.jpg

i don't get the whole juice-is-secretly-black thing - i always assumed he was?? he doesn't really look latino to me. every time he meets with that sheriff, i find myself cringing and thinking "ugh JUST TELL THE CLUB THE TRUTH".

That particular plotline rings false, since betraying the club is certain suicide, whereas them finding out he's "black" could go either way. Worst case scenario they slice off his tattoos (ouch), beat him nearly to death and send him on his way. In a year he's good as new. ;)

Plus, he's their IT guy. They'd be fucked without him.

Or was it?

Didn't you hear the cop out of the sound of the branch breaking after the screen went dark?

If you saw last night's episode you heard it. ;)

On a related note, Fox is threatening negotiating with DirecTV and they keep running ads that say DirecTV could lose FX on November 1st. That would be bad news.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I'm surprised they haven't monetized that ancillary property yet.

what's going on with otto? is romeo being honest about his inside info? will jacks kill clay? will the truth about gemma and hunser come out? SO MANY QUESTIONS

is there definitely another season in the works?? it's worth leaving unanswered questions if it means there's another season to look forward to.

Well, they called it the season finale rather than the series finale, so I was just assuming. Though the way things are going I don't know who will still be alive or not locked up for next season. It feels like the end, doesn't it? But there's only an hour left and I don't see how they can tie it all up.

---

Here's the answer. Yes on season 5.

FTW

It just gets better and better, with each episode. It'll only run for one more season probably. Fuckin' Hamlet on Harley Davidsons! Remember how Hamlet ends? Ha ha ha!

i want to know what the twist is gonna be - last season i had it pretty much figured out, but this time round...

gemma removed those letters that implicated her in JT's death, but obviously she knew tara had read them - why did she trust that tara wouldn't tell the whole truth to jacks, once he knew about clay anyway? that would completely sever his ties with the club.

That gives her a reason to remove Tara from the picture, so to speak. There's your twist. Gemma (the character, not my new dog) goes from being her protector to her potential assassin. Or something. Who knows. We'll find out next week.

well, that was one of the slowest-paced episodes they've made. interesting, and enjoyable, but not that much plot movement, and def didn't really feel like a season finale.
I could see Tara taking over Gemma's position as resident mama woof. Hope most issues come to a conclusion.
from the last shot of the episode, looks like you could be right.

Yes, it was ultimately unsatisfying. More carnage, please.

But Clay's murderer won't be Jax or Opie - it will be Tara. That's my prediction for next year, or whenever it comes back. What they have done with all this jockeying is make it more open-ended, so it could go on for years the way it's set up now. Who knows.

I just know it's gone now for the next 9 or 12 or 15 months, so I'll have to look elsewhere for my fill of mayhem and revenge killings. I suppose that gives us time for a drive to Tujunga to find the Teller shop location and take some tourist pictures. You know, for my Facebook.

the more i think about the finale, the more angry i'm getting. it's almost like they used this season to switch the show over to something like the sopranos that can just go on forever (rather than having conflicts come to a head, requiring major characters to die). but after how masterfully this season slowly ratcheted up the tension from all sides, to have it all amount to nothing seems like a cop-out.

I don't know, I think major characters will die. Clay will die. Opie will probably die too. It feels like that's where they're going with him. You had to assume they would put Jax at the head of the table, that was obvious, and if that's the case he can't leave.

But it was a cop out, yes. Since they know they can run the show for at least another season now, they probably have a bigger picture plan that made some of the unsatisfying threads necessary. But it should have ended this season. As much as I enjoy it and am glad it will be back, this was the culmination of the story. Everything should have exploded, and they fucked it up by dragging it out.

A show that had no bones about killing off major characters was Oz. Three years into the series you'd be watching it and one of the major players would get shanked and bleed to death on the floor and you'd be like, "What the fuck was that?!" It was great. No one was safe.

Slightly confused about the cartel/CIA situation, as informants they've gotten away with what I would've deemed as irrational behaviour, with all of the killing and what not. I figured they'd be closely monitored and if the situation permitted itself reprimanded. Not given free reign. Maybe it was a last-minute inclusion on the writers' behalf to bulk up the story or I've probably just missed something.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What the fuck was that?!" It was great. No one was safe.
Boardwalk Empire wound up its season the other night with an Ozlike what the fuck was that? moment. Another one well worth watching if you aren't/haven't already.
Slightly confused about the cartel/CIA situation, as informants they've gotten away with what I would've deemed as irrational behaviour, with all of the killing and what not. [...] Maybe it was a last-minute inclusion on the writers' behalf to bulk up the story or I've probably just missed something.
Yes, I don't think the cartel was introduced with the idea of them being a CIA plant, but that's where they went with it to stretch things out. Not so good, but here we are.

Last edited:
Yes, I don't think the cartel was introduced with the idea of them being a CIA plant, but that's where they went with it to stretch things out. Not so good, but here we are.

Glad I'm not just being paranoid. About to finish Boardwalk as soon as the last episode has finished d/l. Will look into Oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back