Sunlight at Midnight, Darkness at Noon (3 Viewers)

Just to add to that - when I opened the link, the inside pages have no resemblance to the actual book at all :( - it has defaulted everything to times roman and the leading is shot etc. etc. Was a good idea by Jason, but the technology has let him down... or, of course, it's programmed not to work on Irish computers.

I've attached the same inner spreads here....

Picture-1.jpg Picture-4.jpg Picture-5.jpg
Picture-6.jpg Picture-7.jpg

thanks,

Sean Lynch

Just to add to that - when I opened the link, the inside pages have no resemblance to the actual book at all :( - it has defaulted everything to times roman...

The typography inside the actual book is quite good...& I don't know enough about the inter-tubes or how to make it all work better...so hopefully we've got someone working on it! I'll let you all know if/when it comes back up.

Until then, here's some juggling to delight & entertain (distract) you...

woo whoo I just got mine today... I had nearly given up hope on ever seeing it. But it is here in my hot little hands. Just opened it about 15 min ago and the smell that burst out of the package was overwhelming. It smells like backwoods, pine trees and desert moss. It is even more beautiful then I had imagined. Fine work by all involved. I think my package took the slow road. Probably made some visits here and there... you know gettin a lay of the land. I just love our Postal System sometimes. It was mailed from St Charles, Il on June 8 and arrived, I am guessing by stage coach to San Francisco, CA June 30. Not bad...

Anyway it really is cool and the CD is a nice bonus, both you guys sound just as I had imagined... Hosh now I can put that pixelated picture together with the voice and I can see the real you.

Thank you to all you guys that made this, it is really special.

My poems are Hosh: THE DRUNKEN, WAYLAID SCHEMES OF WARMONGERS & MISERS
and Cunningham: like the passing of flowers and the coming rain

Anyway it really is cool and the CD is a nice bonus, both you guys sound just as I had imagined... Hosh now I can put that pixelated picture together with the voice and I can see the real you.

Thank you to all you guys that made this, it is really special.

My poems are Hosh: THE DRUNKEN, WAYLAID SCHEMES OF WARMONGERS & MISERS
and Cunningham: like the passing of flowers and the coming rain

Oddly enough--my voice is also pixelated...so no one can use the recording to crack my voice-locks here in the Badlands... Those Noot Boys did some wondrous things...

& strangegirl--that was among my favorites of the new poems written for this--along with the untitled piece MJP got.

Say--if you haven't already & if you're so inclined--I'd like to know who got which copy (a through Z)...?

U.

Which I took to mean, YOU are good enough, YOU are smart enough, and doggone it, people like YOU!

That's how you meant it, right? Right?

Received my copy today.
Read a couple of letters, very promising.

Listened to the CD, it's uplifting, raw and real.
Like "depressing" music, it offers you
renewed energy.

OK, I am so pissed off at myself for not procuring one of these gems. So what If I bought a house? Mortgage be damned; where can I find one of these? Chris, Hosh; my appy-pollyloggies. Never underestimate my ability to be a dumb-fuck.

Meekly: Any premium copies left? :o

OK, I am so pissed off at myself for not procuring one of these gems. So what If I bought a house? Mortgage be damned; where can I find one of these? Chris, Hosh; my appy-pollyloggies. Never underestimate my ability to be a dumb-fuck.

Meekly: Any premium copies left? :o

Hi,
Sorry. No hardbacks are left. I have not seen any on abe either. I'm not sure if any copies went to bookstores or they all went to readers/collectors.

Bill

All 26 hardbacks went to individuals, & went fast!

The 7 clamshell, hardback special editions went to those behind the production.

100 trade paperbacks via OA Press. At last count I think there were about 40 left.

listened to the cd today while cleaning my writing area.

it made the cleaning more palatable.

very nice stuff. because of the cd, the book has made itself to the top of my 'to be read' stack.

All kudos for the CD go directly to the men of Noot D'Noot--they did some very cool stuff with our recorded excerpts.

Hope you like the book, Hooch.

great. Both are interesting. I take it that he didn't care much for it?

Hopefully he bought a copy and was not sent a review copy....

Bill

I got Copy A

The poems were:

THE FILTHIEST STREETS RUN
WITH HOT, SENSELESS BLOOD...
~ Hosho

the smoking ruins of winter blown trails
~chris

I'm just happy I have a little time to read this.

Just read the negative review of the book and I have to admit, I hate it when Cunningham bares his gnashing teeth. And McCreesh ain't much better. It is scary and detracts from the minimalism of your poetry. And hey, Hosh, did I see you sneaking a peek at a dictionary the other day? :-)

Seriously, though, congrats on the book and the FAVORABLE press!

While I'm on break here at work. The 1 year anniversary festivities begin now!

Perhaps there will even be a sale to accompany it...

Also, we owe a huge tip of the hat to Buk.net's own strangegirl for offering up her tremendous talents!

That makes it EASILY as collectible as all my other books and ephemera, if not a little more so. Your nest egg is in good shape!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back