Talented youth, bright future (2 Viewers)

mjp

Founding member
Can I be too hard on young musicians? Possibly, yes. I have been known to say that that they are devoid of the slightest scrap of creativity or scruples, and that most of them, if their record was packaged as a flexi-disc on the back of a box of tampons, would consider that a tremendous success. As long as it increased their number of Facebook friends.

But I have to admit that I was wrong.

Sure, some of the 99,847,231 musicians under the age of 30 fit that description. But there is also a fresh young generation whose talent and determination fly in the face of any generalizations that can be made about their peers. That fresh young generation is perhaps best personified by the jaw-droppingly talented Rebecca Black, seen here performing her underground hit, Friday.

Play it loud!

you had me going there for a minute.

but at least now I know Thursday comes before Friday and Sunday is afterwards.

"We so excited!"

YouTube views: 16,882,848

By way of comparison: The Man With Beautiful Eyes YouTube views: 23,956

Plus, getting my poems on a tampon box is apparently selling out now...so I don't even have that anymore.

Um, yeah...someone better take away my shoelaces...I'm officially on suicide watch.

...speaking of that, anyone with young kids (tweens) knows that EVERY girl on Disney Channel has an album out of easily forgettable pop tunes written by old white men. Some of the boys have albums too, but they are almost always in boy bands as they have to ensure that they have enough boys to pique the interest of every girl with predictable ethnicities and backgrounds (picture the New Kids on the Block, but a new version every year or two.) It seems that this is part of the contract. The singing is not BAD, but with Disney money, you could make me sound like James Taylor. The worst part is that they play the SHIT out of these singles, till they get stuck in your head. Every commercial shows them singing the same song, they work it into the show, etc. I guess that you have to make the most before they hit their unmarketable middle age of 19 years old....

Frankly, they ALL sound like this talentless young lady.

Bill

I'm not a cop but I think that rapper guy is a bit too old for her. Other than that, good for these kids - all drivin' around super-excited about FRIDAY and going to some other kid's parents' house by the hundreds, under cover of darkness, to invade the place without even a trace of alcohol or drugs anywhere in sight. God bless 'em.

Wow, I mean she looks so uncomfortable and awkward. Kinda like she knows how bad it is, but some stage parent is making her do it? And that computer voice! I'm not sure I've ever seen something that made me cringe as much as this did. The voice thing reminded me of when Britney Spears first came out. I don't remember how old I was, but hey, Britney was at least hot!

oh man, she's just some dumb 13 yr old kid having fun - i'm sure all you fuckers were the coolest of the cool when you were 13!

Uh, yeah, I was the coolest of the cool actually.

You doubt me?

1973.jpg

Pretty fucking cool, I'd say. Check the turtleneck, bitches!

good to know you're still rocking practically the same hair style (albeit with a few more grays) 38 years later.

great style never goes out of fashion.

i think the vanity label that is charging parents $2000 a pop with the promise of making their kid the next justin bieber is way more disgusting than any individual song. i mean, 'friday' becomes a viral hit because it supposedly sucks so bad, what with the "yesterday was thursday tomorrow is saturday, after that is sunday" bit, but the black eyed peas sell a million copies of an album on the strength of the single 'boom boom pow,' a song that can't even be bothered to have actual words in the title, and they play the halftime show at the super bowl.

good to know you're still rocking practically the same hair style (albeit with a few more grays) 38 years later.
I am currently rocking a style closer to that of my 19 year old self, but an old Indian I saw in a vision once told me, "If you've got it, flaunt it, son," and I've tried to take that ancient wisdom to heart.
i think the vanity label that is charging parents $2000 a pop with the promise of making their kid the next justin bieber is way more disgusting than any individual song.
Yes. Los Angeles is full of predatory clip joints like that, taking people's money for an impossible promise of "fame." This song making a boatload of money on iTunes is an incredible will-never-happen-again (and-shouldn't-have-happened-now) fluke, but unfortunately it will only attract more victims to the soulless jerkoffs at ARK Music Factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back