the bukowski tapes (1 Viewer)

This is too cool, really.

I reviewed Barfly when it came out. Wanted to see it again so put it in my Netflix queue. It's been in a permanent limbo of unknownness for two or three years. Where'd it go?

Most of the people who watched in the past have forgotten how good it is, got sober, "grew up," got married, got a better job, got a DUI and couldn't go to the bar every night, went to mandatory AA, and subsequently got Religion!

I reviewed Barfly when it came out. Wanted to see it again so put it in my Netflix queue. It's been in a permanent limbo of unknownness for two or three years. Where'd it go?
It went out of print, some time ago. So unless it's released again, it's unlikely Netflix will be able to offer it again on DVD.

It isn't available for streaming on Netflix or Amazon right now, but those streaming statuses are always changing.

You're very kind but, unfortunately, I have nothing to play a VHS tape. I could stare at it for a long time. That would probably be pretty entertaining in itself.

Was it in Hollywood or in a letter where he predicted it would play at night on TV from time to time and people would discover hidden meanings or new meanings in it?

It went out of print, some time ago. [...]
I must state that I'm sorry:
when I answered to another post just a couple of minutes ago, and linked to my shop, I had no idea, that there'd be another thread tonight, to give me a second reasonable apropos to do so. So, please take my word for it: This is NOT 'advertising-night'!

but:
'Barfly' is officially available again.
But that's in Europe.

I just ordered these. Some people earlier in the thread are mentioning $15. My copy cost me $40, so be happy with anything less these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back