The "This is Basically a Bitch Box Thread" Thread (1 Viewer)

Lolita Twist

Rose-hustler
I was in the All Things Buk forum where there's a Depression/Mental Illness discussion going on... so I was thinking of doing that in here, if any of us are maybe diagnosed or whatnot... But I decided to do something less intense and just turn this into a place where people can complain about anything they wish to and no one can give them shit about it (playful shit, sure). Impairements, bad day, whatever. Let it rip.

Before I told my last shrink to fuck off, she diagnosed me with bi-polar disorder... which I really don't believe. Everyone has mood swings. I flushed my pills - because at that time I was only obliged to taking other people's scripts.
I don't have enough cardillage in my knees, so my legs are always fucked up.
I think I'm going blind, and I can't get new spectacles until August (because it's free then, chh.). I also need tinted lenses, because I'm migrane/cluster-headache prone.

I'm also a hypochondriac and doctors often laugh at me.

I've got two interviews coming up this week (like buses eh?). One for a job that I need but don't really want and another for place on a Counselling and Psychotherapy Course. Should I get a place on the course I may well be on the path to becoming a shrink.

I've got two interviews coming up this week (like buses eh?). One for a job that I need but don't really want and another for place on a Counselling and Psychotherapy Course. Should I get a place on the course I may well be on the path to becoming a shrink.

Hubby wants to be a clinical councelor out of our apartment ha. I don't see how that'll be possible when he wants us to walk around naked all the time. ;)

I flushed my pills - because at that time I was only obliged to taking other people's scripts.

OK, deal with what you must, but please do not flush prescription medicines or even OTC pills down the toilet. Chances are, they will wind up in the nation's drinking water supply, much to the chagrin of everyone else who has to drink it. Studies show that conventional wastewater treatment processes cannot remove these chemicals.

Three headed hermaphroditic fish can't be wrong, right? ;)

Please find a better way to dispose of your unwanted medicine. Wrapping them in tissue and duct tape and disposing in the trash will keep them from leaching from landfills, or many pharmacies are instituting take-back programs; something we hope to promote even more in the future. Cool?

I did it the once, and stopped refilling the script after that. And that point in time, I didn't exactly have other people's/fish's health on my mind (selfishly enough). But no, I don't flush meds anymore (except this one time with hydrocodone, but, that was a bad moment in sobriety...).

I do however remember reading something over the summer about how they tested LA's water and found a very colourful range of anti-depressants in it :s. Would explain a lot.

Well, I have done it in the past too (years ago), and not to hijack your thread (but I'm going to, or rather, already have...), but nearly every urban area and even most rural areas of this country have low-level concentrations of multiple pharmaceuticals and other anthropogenic contaminants in ambient waterways and in many drinking water supplies. One reason that they are now showing up is because analytical technology has improved to the point that detection limits for these analytes have decreased significantly over the past 5 years or so.

The problem is, any risk assessments are performed on therapeutic doses of these chemicals over relatively short periods of time, and no comprehensive studies are available on long-term, low-dose, multiple contaminant exposure.

Sorry for the science lesson. It's not often I can speak to my area of work on this board. So, take home lesson: don't shit where you eat (thanks, Hosh)!

Carry on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back