THIS IS NOT A TEST (4 Viewers)

Happiness is a warm gun

You have to wonder about things like guns, and June Gloom, the LGBLT community, preaching love, calling things "the worst in U.S. history," Wounded Knee, your high school history book, wars, genocide, subjugation, cupcakes, immigrants and queers, throwing rocks at politicians, gun control, unemployment checks, Kickstarter, the emperor's new clothes, swimming upstream, fluffing up your eggs, the NRA, Jesus Christ himself, your fellow citizens, Mexican hats, rumpus rooms, 7-11, Wyatt Earp, Vivienne Westwood boots, cops, taking care of each other and Phil Hendrie.
Crocodile tears & unemployment checks, a very open minded baby, "Why you swimmin' upstream, bro?", safe'n this place up man, crazy brush, and taking calls or not.

A hot night with Bunny Wailer

Bunny Wailer: Blackheart man, soul rebel, ruler of dancehall, legend. Plus Garbage - the band, not the stuff out behind your house - pink hair, people looking old before their time, Madonna, orthopedic shoes and K-Mart t-shirts, The Wailers, avoiding night flights, Madison Square Garden, electronic reggae, that rapper that Prince used, the Electric Slide, obscure Japanese dub stores, David Bowie, Prince, Jehovah, leaves turning brown, trillions of photographs, tidal waves, Instagram, Bob Dylan and King Crimson, the Hollywood Bowl, cheese, listening to music outdoors, velodromes, Hillary Clinton's nomination acceptance speech and the Great Wall of Trump.
Very cool...again. The crapshoot that is our cultural consciousness. Dude, you have the Hollywood Bowl and shit! Pic-a-nic baskets. Don't know what a velodrome is? Tear down that wall.

Charles Bukowski: the ultimate outsider? Maybe not. THIS IS NOT A TEST #55

Bukowski, Bukowski, Bukowski! And let us not forget civil servant weirdos, resisting the draft, spending all day in a bar, paying child support, living on a park bench, having a different kind of brain, fear of public speaking, skin magazines, TMZ, art generated by companies, critical mass, shaking your bush, the foolhardy and ultimately fruitless attempt to make Bukowski palatable to a wider audience, holiday shopping, Bob Marley, bombing churches, a Peter Tosh museum in Jamaica, Prince's purple jacket, mausoleums, Jell-O, rust and Batman.

this-is-number-55.jpg
Thanks again mjp. Your ear vacation, tung twisters, outsiders don't listen to podcasts, a tidal wave of new books, and mince meat of you precious time.

Great pic. I think most of us here like it. I do, a lot. Now, our man Hank, if I may so bold as to refer to him as such, seems alone, high on beer and very content to just be. But that ain't no selfie, is it? Do we know who took that infamous photograph? Buk may have been lonely but he sure as hell was not alone.

My DNA can beat up your DNA (depending on the phase of the moon)

http://thisisnotatest.com/my-dna-can-beat-up-your-dna-depending-on-the-phase-of-the-moon/

Thrill to the description of my DNA test results, and stay on the edge of your seat as I also provide grandiose oratory on Bob Dylan's Nobel prize, Leonard Cohen, Tony Orlando, Casper the friendly ghost, tar and feathers, lefse and lutefisk, astrology, whimsy, turpitude, sushi, Eve, culture wars, old white men, ISIS or ISIL or JIMINY DING DONG or whatever it's called, women in the kitchen, David Copperfield, Criss Angel, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Merrill Lynch, our Ethiopian ancestors and A Boy Named Sue.

this-is-not-a-test-72.jpg

HOW DARE YOU MAKE FUN OF LEONARD COHEN!!!

I am sending back my Captain MJP decoder ring and my membership card and will no longer be listening to your radio program on the wireless. Also, I will be drafting a strongly worded letter to be sent to your sponsors. We'll see what General Mills and Packard has to say about this.

HOW DARE YOU MAKE FUN OF LEONARD COHEN!!!
Come now sir, you and I both know there's nothing fun about Leonard Cohen.

As for your threat of written protestations, I should let you know that my auntie owns several dozen shares of General Mills stock, and the Topeka Packard dealer is a member of the Elks Lodge that daddy belongs to, so good luck with your wretched campaign of hatred and betrayal.

I especially loved the part about the so called culture wars and the part about song lyrics being literature/poetry or not was interesting too.

Does it really matter for the lines to be blurred between what is a song/poem/literature? There are some poems I've heard set to music and it's horrible and the opposite for song lyrics.But that's not absolute, I love all of these; Abel Meeropol's Strange Fruit - sung by Billie Holiday. John Cooper Clarke's I Wanna Be Yours - by the Arctic Monkeys. Joy Division's New Dawn Fades - is fantastic heard or read.

Does it really matter for the lines to be blurred between what is a song/poem/literature?
I don't know. Does anything matter? Whatever, right?

Your personal reality is all that matters! "Facts" are just someone else's opinion. If the last four or five elections in this country have taught me anything, it's that there are no facts anymore. So if you think song lyrics are literature or barn doors or curry paste, I can't argue with you. You're right.

John Cooper Clarke's I Wanna Be Yours - by the Arctic Monkeys [...] is fantastic [...] read
If you like your coffee hot
Let me be your coffee pot

Uh, yeah, let me get on the phone and alert Nobel and Pulitzer to that one. It should win both.

I don't know. Does anything matter? Whatever, right?
Yes plenty... but not that. whether the words written are intended to be read, spoken or sung isn't the big thing for me, just an opinion.
If the last four or five elections in this country have taught me anything, it's that there are no facts anymore.
A fact perhaps that as far as Polling Days go, it isn't safe to go into the water, the bar has been lowered by SideShow Trump to a new low. But that's just opinion too.

That poem by Clarke was a humerous one and performed as such, no attempts at prizes. But interesting that he was signed to a record label more than a publishing house - or not interesting.

My DNA can beat up your DNA (depending on the phase of the moon)
Loved it again: me, me, me. croaking toads. for spice, ya dig. I'm undefinable bitch. tweets & twats. meanwhile back in reality. commence the hashing. it's all gravy baby.

The death of the truth

http://thisisnotatest.com/the-death-of-the-truth/

You didn't think I'd let this presidential election pass without saying something, did you? Well, actually, I had hoped to, but the whole thing didn't exactly turn out the way a lot of us had hoped or expected, so here we are. As you may have noticed, the truth took a beating in the campaign and election. The way I see it, it took the death of the truth for Trump to triumph (try saying that five times fast), so that's what we're talking about today: how the death of the truth happens, and how those who wanted it dead carried out the murder. It's just like the NPR podcast "Serial," only it's a lot shorter and only my opinion rather than a lot of meticulous research and reporting. Otherwise it's just like it.

this-is-not-a-test-73.jpg

Haven't listened to this particular podcast yet but from the picture are you saying truth is a damsel in distress chained to the train tracks?

Essential Bukowski - and a few non-essentials just for the hell of it

http://thisisnotatest.com/essential...a-few-non-essentials-just-for-the-hell-of-it/

It's Bukowski time again, sort of, and along the way we may or may not touch on hair again, hopping on pop, nuclear winter, Ronald Reagan, "Baby, it's cold outside," Christmas songs, Cap'n Crunch, slapping broads around, male privilege, Rudy Vallee, amplified ants, Vietnam, the looming Trump era as a glass-half-full kind of thing, how you suck at doing Christmas, Rupert Murdoch, Abel Debritto, tarring and feathering, reruns of Seinfeld, breaking people who don't want to talk, in praise of killing some trees, diseased pilgrims, Google cardboard and all virtual reality, ViewMaster, chirpwatch and pie and coffee.

this-is-not-a-test-74.jpg

I like pie & coffee and yes I went for pie and coffee recently, by myself late at night! Apple & ice cream. Oh, right. The pod cast. Awesome again. Thanks.

punch.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if it was the first thing, but he has heard the chirp.

I think if they fixed it now I'd always have the vague, uneasy feeling that something was wrong. The chirp has become part of my psyche.

Imagine living over there...

Been listening to random podcasts. The one w Hosho? Great but man it was odd to hear you guys throw down 4 Roses. To listen so upclose to the actual drinking. Friend pour. Hilarious. Also, it was odd to listen to it on a crowded train in Philly during morning rush hour (8am) on the way to work. My son got high quality earbuds for his bday and doesn't use em so they're mine now.

more non-test craziness this morning during my journey to the center of the city. a black white thing? Can't we all just get along? Nope. Gotta evolve. God damn it. That's time consuming.

I don't know what you guys are on about -- I think it makes perfect sense to drink Four Roses and blather on a high-quality microphone.

What was odd & unique was to so intimately hear the actual ding of the shot glasses and the swallowing of the drink an the "ah" right inside my head. Must have been the combo of high quality mic & high quality earbuds. The drinking & bathering? Genius.

I stuck a very sensitive microphone in front of Hosho because he's a sensitive guy.

I think that recording has a buzz throughout it though, which is caused by a light dimmer in the house. I couldn't turn off that dimmer when we were recording because it would have been awkward for Hosho's wife and my girlfriend to sit in the living room together in the dark. Sometimes you have to compromise your art for your domestic life.

listened to that one about race too. Very good. should be required listening for lots of "liberals in their liberal bubble".

Good. That doesn't go unnoticed by the overlord. You will be spared when he smites those who failed to make their offerings.

This protest is brought to you by American Express

http://thisisnotatest.com/this-protest-brought-to-you-by-american-express/

Chaos and disorder fall upon a nation while millions march in the streets demanding...something. I'm just not sure what. So we may as well talk about protest in general, and snakes, hot coals, stereo speakers, being polite, agitating, Century City, Reagan, patchouli, which hats are in fashion, Vietnam, the ERA, diet Coke, catastrophe and emergency, hypocrisy, mental illness, conscience, violent overthrow, economic pressure, Apartheid, inequality, having nothing to lose, lawyers, being part of the problem, being on the wrong side of the majority, lectures, solidarity and tacos.

this-is-not-a-test-75.jpg

Great rant on protests, mjp! I agree most protests don't accomplish much, but sometimes things starts with protests and from there things escalates. For instance, next the protesters may come up with the idea of boycotting companies which support the thing you're protesting against, which leads to the companies stopping to deal with the object of your protests (gotta think of their profits and public images). It can even lead to your government taking the same stance ( gotta please their voters) and if the object of the protests is a certain country it can lead to embargo.

I´ll give you a current example of protests accomplishing something. In Romania the government made a decree last week saying one could´nt be accused of corruption if the money gained were less than $47.000, which was tantamount to a license to steal. Then people took to the streets protesting it every day and yesterday the government had to give in and annul the decree. The protests are still ongoing since the protesters no longer trust the government. Of course, it was´nt just a few thousand protesters but up to ½ million all over the country and Romania does have a tradition of people taking to the streets when the government fucks up, but it's still an example of protests changing a situation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/...protests-corruption-sorin-grindeanu.html?_r=0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back