'tirez a la ligne, celine' from chance press! (1 Viewer)

jeez, that was fast! glad you liked it, and thanks for ordering the deluxe... the trades are nice, but the deluxe is really the way this book was meant to be brought to life.

also, anyone that can correctly identify which sentences were written by steve and which by me will get a bonus item in the mail.

I got mine the other fucking day. Fucking amazing. Really. Jesus Christ, they were beautiful and the writing was great. An interesting project. The fine folks at Chance Press are also putting some beautiful fucking hardcovers.

I have said it before, buy them now, or have to miss a mortgage payment to buy them in a few years.

Bill

p.s. and my hand-love poem fucking ROCKED. It is all very private, so I cannot post it here, but it was very, very cool and much appreciated.

Billie Roberts, I'm going to wash your mouth out with soap. Shame on you. What is it they say on Battlestar Gallactica? - quit your fragging bad language.

I like the flaggin thing. The way the "S" fits the curve of the rider is genius. But you are being a flicking arpsore.

I love the new motherfucking logo. it tickles my scrotum, bitch.

(I seriously do. I just wanted to get in on the cursing. cocksuckers.)

just to let folks know, the drawings won't be arriving with the books. I'll be mailing them out from here. probably a month or so.

the drawings will stand alone as an individual piece, but will be connected. so I won't be sending them out until all are complete.

haven't forgotten about this, just haven't started yet.

how the hell did I get so busy? and busy doing what? ugh.

will get on them soon and mail them out before I go away the end of July.

sorry for delay and my laziness.

Internet connection down for at least a week. (sending this from a public computer).

I might mail you a check this week. Please reserve a copy ? Thanks.

okay this book is up on our website for proper ordering here.

and here is a couple of cool photos:

P1020682.JPG P1020681.JPG

will get on them soon and mail them out before I go away the end of July.
notice I didn't say what year? I'm clever and crafty like that.

these are nearing completion. I've aborted a few tries, but things are coming together a little better.

heh.

here's one of the failed attempts.

obama0001.jpg

besides the drawing not working for me (face wrong shape, eyes looked crossed, too skinny, colours not right), there was something familiar about it.

then it hit me.

obama-hope-shelter-copy-500x752.jpg

heh.

hooch - for a better portrait, just heed your own advice: Eat More Canned Spaghetti

Received my copy today and it's another CP winner. That wrap-around band is the perfect touch. Also, the text is (for lack of a better word) a true "page-turner". It was like an ever-focusing photo that kept getting more detailed as it went along. I was definitely drawn in. Great work on a great idea, all around.

just for contrast, here's one I'm ok with. so you can see I have low standards. it still doesn't really look like Celine, but it fairly captures some sort of spirit I was going for.

sort of.

celine0001resize.JPG

don't worry, I won't post any more until they're all done. I just wanted to show that I'm actually getting some done that I'm mostly pleased with.

in fact, the one just above there has been tweaked. I got rid of most of the red except the script and added more shadowing to the face.

The more recent attempt also happens to look like this guy named Mark who lives down the street from me.
If that's any help...

Now that the Rapture has been pushed back till October I'm certainly hoping these (and Milk #2) get finished before lift-off. My luck the local postman will cease to deliver.

done!

some look like Fonzie, some like Bogart, one looks a little like Robert Pattison, one a little like Buk...but they're done!

ah well.

note on the text on each drawing: quote marks mean it's from Celine. no quotes mean it's useless drivel immortal musings by me. I sort of larded with myself. not as much fun as larding with Jordan, but there you go.

when you click on the first pic, a little slideshow pops up. it is in order of the 'story,' one through ten.

PICT0105.JPGPICT0106.JPGPICT0107.JPGPICT0108.JPGPICT0109.JPGPICT0110.JPGPICT0111.JPGPICT0112.JPGPICT0113.JPGPICT0114.JPG
I take requests! if you see one you like, let me know.

purple stickpin, bospress, stavrogin, esart, and DA Pratt are the names I have so far. if you have purchased any version of tirez la ligne, Celine, you can have one of these (if you are in the first 10 people).

ok? ok.

sorry to be so tardy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back