Visit to Bukowski's Grave (1 Viewer)

sometime soon. I just love the guy.
has anyone else gone ?and what did you do at the site?
I was thinking when i go, I would do something fun and crazy.. like something in honor of his life, something he would approve of, like taking a water glass full of cheap vino and smashing it on the gravestone and saying, " You cheap good for nothing lazy whore" .

what did you do at the site?
Traditionally one visits a grave site to mourn or reminisce, not to do performance art. But plenty of people behave like assholes at Bukowski's grave, in the misguided belief that it's something that he would think was cool.

I'm pretty sure Bukowski is too dead to care what you do six feet above his bones, but the people who have to clean up after you probably do care. So maybe reconsider your initial plan in deference to them, if no one else.

Quoting the great one"some people never go crazy, what truely horrible lives they lead. "
Lol
I have it as a Magnet on my refrigerator with his portrait and try to live by those words everyday. So let's pour out a little liquor to all the groundskeepers who keep the cemetery's all over the world lookin nice.

well i moved to LA now and I am going to the gravesite. And after I visit Bukowski I am going to visit Curly Howards gravesite. Then after Curly Howards gravesite (the king king of the Kyuk kyuks) I am going to a very impressive gravesite called Ronnie James Dio. At Buks site i will pour out a little liquor and read one of my favorite poems. My soul is like every dead Christmas tree thrown on the highway.

As an alternative, maybe think about drinking a couple Red Bull's and running directly into a brick wall. Hope that didn't sound negative...

I think Bukowski would dislike your fandom as it’s tired and unoriginal. He’d probably have more respect for the gravediggers and the dead.

He might be dead but he probably still wants to be left alone. He sure did during his lifetime.

Quoting the great one"some people never go crazy, what truely horrible lives they lead. "
Lol
I have it as a Magnet on my refrigerator with his portrait and try to live by those words everyday. So let's pour out a little liquor to all the groundskeepers who keep the cemetery's all over the world lookin nice.
do you have the magnet that says "find what you love and let it kill you"?

I went. I showed him some leg. And I drank a shot and a beer in his honor. The cemetery was Beautiful!! It exceeded my expectations. some fans left a couple Budweiser caps and some peacock feathers in his honor. The folks that work at the cemetery are very friendly and don’t mind going way out of their way to show you where Hanks grave is and to take your picture with the tombstone.

2BB5285C-7CE6-4D8E-982D-A74B037A07C1.jpeg

sometime soon. I just love the guy.
has anyone else gone ?and what did you do at the site?
I was thinking when i go, I would do something fun and crazy.. like something in honor of his life, something he would approve of, like taking a water glass full of cheap vino and smashing it on the gravestone and saying, " You cheap good for nothing lazy whore" .
I think the best thing to do would be to show him some reverence. Bukowski wasn't an asshole, and he didn't like assholes. So, go there, think about him, sit, and say thank you for his poetry and other writing. This is what I did and I met him and corresponded with him.

Your lucky you met him. There is a little in the ground vase metal holder in front of the tombstone if you want to bring flowers. what were his favorite flowers? The peacock feathers and butterflies some one brought were on long metal sticks stuck in the ground. I was thinking next time I go I might bring his favorite flowers and a metal ground stick with a cat on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back