What is your latest Bukowski purchase? (1 Viewer)

I thought it might be fun to talk about what Bukowski work you have aquired recently and discuss the work. Not everyone has read every little thing he published, so it might be good as a way of learning by doing. Just a thought.

I'll go first. Today I had the best surprise after coming home from a long day at work: Septuagenarian Stew- Stories and Poems was waiting for me in the mailbox. I have just read a few of the first poems in it, and man, they are great. Longer and with a bit more brevity than his earlier works, and more narrative in form. One thing I wonder; why is the cover showing a huge '70' ? There are not seventy stories in it, not seventy poems, not seventy pages, it's definetly not published in the seventies (1990) so what's the damn deal?

Okay, have fun, or don't; your choice =)

Hey thanks!

That's why I love this place, people know everything about Buk. It's like the tree of knowledge of Bukowskiism. Or something like that. Yeah, I know, I'm spamming now. I should probably stop. But then again I find this to be rather funny. I know you don't. But that's why I think it is.

Ya, I know, I'll go now.

My latest purchase was three Buk dvd's - "Born into this", "Factotum" and "Crazy love". Latest book purchase: "Sunlight here I am" (Buk interviews) and the speciel Buk issue of Beat Magazine...

Last edited by a moderator:
Born into This is a documentary about Bukowski by john dullaghan (sp).

I recently got a hardback first edition of Bone Palace Ballet. I'm kinda upset though because it's not a numbered/serigraph 1st ed. Still good though.

:D BIGfuckingBRAG :D

Hot Water Music - 1 of 100 signed and numbered with a painting
Dangling in the Tournefortia - 1 of 100 signed and numbered with a painting

Paid less than $800 for each

It pays to ask ebay sellers if they have other stuff for sale.

chronic said:
It pays to ask ebay sellers if they have other stuff for sale.

I did that too,
And got a 2nd original 'manuscript' from a selller that I only bought one from..

I probably should have opened up another thread,
But I'd love to know what Scott at Abandoned Planet was getting for these,
Some 10 years ago.....

And mjp is right, this isn't (these) aren't off the type writer, (but printed ala printer)
But still signed and dated.....
The one you lastly mentioned isn't signed, and that would make a great difference to me.....

I'm very happy.............

zoom man said:
I'd love to know what Scott at Abandoned Planet was getting for these, Some 10 years ago.....
I wish Scott would pipe in here. He's got tons of stories. He actually sold his car in the 80's to buy a huge lot of manuscripts...I'm sure it paid off for him in the long run, but that's someone who's willing to suffer for their passion. Heh.

chronic said:
Hot Water Music - 1 of 100 signed and numbered with a painting
Dangling in the Tournefortia - 1 of 100 signed and numbered with a painting
Can you post a pic of the paintings?

mjp said:
I wish Scott would pipe in here.

Yeah, me too....
Come out
Come out
Where ever you are....

Sold his car for manuscripts, huh?!
Funny, but
Yeah, I'd do it too....

When you've got this bug, you've got it bad.

zoom man said:
Can you post a pic of the paintings?
Yep... these are the sellers photos. I'll replace them with better photos at some point.

hotwater.jpg dangling.jpg

If you were to change your mind, although it might be bad form, you could obviously cancel all the bids and then end the auction, for say, an error in the reserve price. It happens. And they are a nice pair... and well out of my budget :D

That was a low reserve. Maybe some snipers are lurking, ready to bid it up in the final 20 seconds. There should be.

mjp said:
Maybe some snipers are lurking, ready to bid it up in the final 20 seconds. There should be.
Yeah, I hope so,
But that just isn't as much fun to watch.
Less than 24 hours to go........

Snipers being good for buyers
And lousy for us sellers.

Of course I usually 'win' my favorite stuff by sniping :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back