Which do you prefer: Bukowski poems, short stories, or novels (1 Viewer)

Incidentally, I agree with you on the poems, stories and novels being equally tasty.

There's enough yummy, yummy spice and chunky goodness to satisfy even the biggest hunger.

Anyway... maybe we're both wrong...

1. The Most Beautiful Woman In Town And Other Stories/Tales Of Ordinary Madness (635 votes: 37.2%).

But I doubt it.

I'm beginning to think neither of you wants to arm wrestle.....

all dance, no show.

sad, really. considering your potential.

Anyway... maybe we're both wrong...

1. The Most Beautiful Woman In Town And Other Stories/Tales Of Ordinary Madness (635 votes: 37.2%).

But I doubt it.
I actually agree with that vote. Maybe I have a special attachment to Tales because it's the first Buk piece I ever picked up and read cover to cover... but it sang to me, as did Most Beautiful Woman (the second piece I ever picked up).

Grab a copy of South of No North, FD, if you're looking for short stories to read. Can't go wrong with any of the collections but this one is a must.

Since your's was the first, I'll probably go with that one. The Books-A-Million here doesn't have shit, though, and Barnes and Noble isn't much better.

'South' is a fine choice!
'Hot Water' can't compete in any way. Thumb-wrestle?
'Erections' (now known as 'Tales' and 'Most beautiful') has some immortal ones but also a big bunch of crap. It's this un-even-ness, that makes it rate behind 'South'.

South is fine but Hot water rocks. You suck!
Erections is ok but mostly blows.

I'm just happy our appreciation of these works has reached such a mature level, is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back