Will it make my iPod? (volume 2) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Procol Harum with the Edmonton Symphony. Also have a tape of k.d. lang with the Symphony ("You have your Reclines, and your inclines" kathie dawn quipped.)

But, I need a different noise.

[This video is unavailable.]

I used to have a great live Jimi Hendrix album that started off with Whiter Shade of Pale on the PA, but I can't find it again because there are like 5000 live Hendrix albums now. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

---

Okay, scratch that. I guess typing about it jogged my memory. It's Live at Winterland. Out of print. E'gad!

when I was a kid, I thought the line "one of sixteen vestal virgins" was "at sixteen there's no virgins."

I heard "16 vessels o'virgins", and then I knew that I wouldn't leave for the coast. And were the mules coming too?

It is viral. You change a few words as a joke, then you're stuck with it for life.
You sing it out loud, then someone else catches it.

Wrong thread, sorry. The post will appear in the what are you listening to...

A friend of mine cut a record and they took great care in what songs went where in the order they would appear in the final cut. The iPod by default declares this deliberation null and void. Pick and choose. The album as a whole falls apart. Perhaps I'm reading too much in all this. I grew up sitting cross-legged, headphones on, listening to a record from beginning to end.

The iPod by default declares this deliberation null and void. Pick and choose.
The iPod has regressed pop music back to the pre-album days when most (young) people bought singles. No cover art or words, just a couple of songs. But it hardly maters anymore. Is it really important which Lady Gaga song you hear first? Or any of the cool rock bands whose songs are interchangeable anyway?

The best song on an album used to be well into the first side (the 3rd or 4th song a lot of time for whatever reason they did those things), but around the time CDs took over the record companies started putting the big song first. As if to admit that, "Hey, this is about it. The rest is inconsequential." You lose the flow, but look at the bright side; you can eject most modern CDs after the first two songs.

A lot of the young rock bands are trying to recapture some of that old vibe with vintage equipment and vinyl releases, but they are fighting a tide that will eventually drag them out to sea. The late 60s/early 70s were the heyday for The Album You Had To Really Listen To (preferably on big, high quality headphones, yes). But that all started changing well before CD shuffle or iPod randomness. Technology just speeded up the change.

It's spazz culture - "Hey, it's been more than two minutes and nothing has changed! Do something!" - and it's what we have now. It's not likely to ever move in the other direction.

A friend gave me this album, don't know much about them, but digging them so far.

"I Wonder" by Dom

Back when Akron was almost cool. Chrissie Hynde was from there. I remember the album had a scratch and sniff cover. Think it was supposed to smell like rubber. It smelled like shit. Hustler had a scratch and sniff cover back then as well. I think it was not supposed to smell like shit but it did. Rachel Sweet is sweet.

2) Rachel Sweet -- Truckstop Queen.

[This video is unavailable.]

I remember the album had a scratch and sniff cover. Think it was supposed to smell like rubber. It smelled like shit. Hustler had a scratch and sniff cover back then as well. I think it was not supposed to smell like shit but it did.

You had me spray my screen with coffee. LOL
You are right about the rubber smelling like shit. When my son was little, he had a scratch and sniff book, and there was a page with a skunk on it, which did smell more like shit. It was not his favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back