• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

wtf is this? (1 Viewer)

Well, anyone who would buy that deserves to be seen in it. ;)

ohjesus.jpg

is that a full beard or a soul patch?

At leas they got the hair right and the screenwork is very good (nice register), it is just the rendering that is sad....

Charles Bukowski T shirt Team Bukowski Robert Crumb Item number: 250149190700 Ok, so what about this one?... I kind of like the looks of it but assume that it is bootleg? non-authorized? how do they get away with this? seems that this is ripping off Bukowski, Crumb and BSP. anyone know the scoop? it isn't a bad looking shirt and I might just wear one like this but would hate to contribute to the thievery if this is so....

Black Sparrow DID issue a T-Shirt and a Sweatshirt with this design. The Bukowski T-Shirt was available in assorted colours for $16.00 in Large (941-4) and X-Large (942-2).
The Sweatshirt was also in assorted colours and priced at $25.00 X-Large (*000-X).

You might see it on the Internet Wayback Machine from archive.org.

Ta-da - like so:

TeamBukowski.jpg

Even so, the one on ebay may well be a 'replica'. Yes, it must be a reprint as its available in the size of your choice...

Charles Bukowski T shirt Team Bukowski Robert Crumb Item number: 250149190700 Ok, so what about this one?... I kind of like the looks of it but assume that it is bootleg? non-authorized? how do they get away with this? seems that this is ripping off Bukowski, Crumb and BSP. anyone know the scoop? it isn't a bad looking shirt and I might just wear one like this but would hate to contribute to the thievery if this is so....

Yes, I agree that it is probable an unauthorized reprint. If so, they are taking a bigger chance than most. Most people making bootleg shirts take a Montfort photo and change it to black and print it. They are only risking being sued by Linda and Montfort. If this shirt is a reprint and is not authorized, they risk being sued by Linda, Crumb, Black Sparrow....

It is pretty true to the original, but probably is not for the reason that Hank Solo mentioned.

Bill

I too think it's a copy. I have both the sweatshirt and the T-shirt from BSP and this one looks very much like my original T-shirt, except that mine is white with some small grey horizontal "stripes" mixed in with the white (what's the correct term? - mélée?). I wonder if the original T-shirts came in pure white or if they all looked like mine. If they did'nt come in pure white then it's certainly a copy, which I'm sure it is anyway since he sells them in all sizes...

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, damnit, I knew that it was a copy. and I hate that shit, but I'd just look so cool in this...:rolleyes:

...except that mine is white with some small grey horizontal "stripes" mixed in with the white (what's the correct term? - mélée?). I wonder if the original T-shirts came in pure white or if they all looked like mine. If they did'nt come in pure white then it's certainly a copy, which I'm sure it is anyway since he sells them in all sizes...

I used to have a couple of the T-shirts... One in purple and one in light grey.
[I lost them moving between countries.]
I mention this because of your comment re. colors available.

But, as you say, the fact that he has all sizes sort of points to a dodgy.

I remember one thing about these shirts... the decal (or whatever) really smelled... a chemical smell, plastic or the like... quite nasty even after many washes.

Anywho... :o

Last edited by a moderator:
The pic of the billboard is really a great one.
"Zweitausendeins" was a huge german publisher in the 70`s and they did a big marketing
campaign for Bukowski.
But the best are the words on the box under the billboard:
"Vorsicht Starkstrom" means: "Danger High Voltage" this fits perfectly - doesn`t it ?

"Zweitausendeins" was a huge german publisher in the 70`s

They still are - btw they're working on a CD-edition of the Hamburg-reading at the moment!

remember: it was THEM who invited Buk for this reading and produced the LP shortly after ( - which was coming with all the poems of the reading printed in English and German plus THE poster 'with Georgia in front of the fridge'!).

I'd guess they still got the masters, so the quality of THIS one might beat the 'Solid Citizen'.
But the best are the words on the box under the billboard:
"Vorsicht Starkstrom" means: "Danger High Voltage" this fits perfectly - doesn`t it ?

That's why I added the bigger pic .-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back