3 Vintage Adverts: A Bukowski Sampler / 90 Minutes in Hell / Flower, Fist... (1 Viewer)

cirerita

Founding member
Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder...

Attachments

• Buk Sampler.pdf
    409.8 KB · Views: 302
  • flower $1.jpg
    flower $1.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 298
  • 90 minutes.jpg
    90 minutes.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 287
$10 for 90 minutes in hell? That seems expensive for the time (1977), even for a double album (especially one with zero recording costs). I seem to recall a typical album being around $5 in those days, but maybe my memory is off.

90minutescover.jpg

I wasn't buying records back then ;)

I had never seen that A Bukowski Sampler flyer... that is, if you consider that a flyer.

$1 for Flower Fist and Bestial Wail... damn it I need a time machine... NOW!

Plus then I could also kick Nixon in the sack. Then... my life would be complete.

$10 for 90 minutes in hell? That seems expensive for the time (1977), even for a double album (especially one with zero recording costs). I seem to recall a typical album being around $5 in those days, but maybe my memory is off.

It does seem expensive, but then this was a double album....

Bill

there is no mention of produced by ??? records
You have to wonder where the reord was produced since making a record is much more of a project than making a tape-which is why there were so many indie tapes and no records at the time-(insert fav indie band here)
It could explain the jacked up price-

It was produced by Steve Richmond who had 500 copies manufactured himself. Not really difficult to do, especially in Los Angeles in the 70's. All the necessary production plants are right here in town.

I only put in a minimum bid to "mark" the auction. I would not go after this hard, as I do not have a record player. $8.24 would take this away from me....

Bill

I'm with David.
If someone can loan
me the 8 dollars, and
three bucks shipping, boy
would I give you a run for your
money then, Bill. ;)

Come on, David. Let's go look
at the auctions and dream. . . :D

- -
Okay.
Father Luke

I recall seeing that album new at Papa Bach's Books (or was it another Bukowski reading album? I could be confused here. Was Papa Bach's even in business when that album came out?) and I didn't have a spare $10 and had to pass on it.

Another cool memory is that some stores had spinner racks full of those Sparrow poetry pamplets and if you searched through them, you'd always come up with 3 or 4 Bukowski titles at $1 each. Those, I did buy. Resold later, of course...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back