A Buk filled Summer! (1 Viewer)

so now that I have read post office for the 2nd time I am 10-15 pages into Women again. I have cooled it a bit with Pleasures of the Damned for just a few days. ha. also been reading the first poems of War All the Time and Roaminghouse Madrigals and Horses run away and I got a few in from Play the Piano... I like how when you are enrolled in a college you have all these access to stories and poems and Buk ya know for free a bit. I'm still waiting for my Horses Run and Mockingbird wish me luck to arrive. my mom said if I got her this sweatshirt from school she'll get both of those for me. guess I just need to go see her. ha. but yea, and the other great thing is that Mr. Brian Bennis has the netflix goin. not the send away one but the one with the ole thing hooked up to the flat screen above the fireplace. so, I've been drinking again with Buk at times with Born Into This and Factotum. I don't see Barfly in there but I guess I could just put in the ole Dvd. And I did see Mr. Steve Zacharias the other day and he said yep, Linda would put water in just buks wine a bit and at the track. I guess he did drink wine at the track a bit. I mean for all the times he went to the fricken track. shit, I myself am still finding ways to justify a glass of wine of the whole bottle so whose to say the man didnt mix it up on different days. I'm almost done with novel number 2. Anyhow, back to the Chicago balcony. Hope your summer has been fun! Irving and Elston. come visit soon!

Josh Rock

I did see Mr. Steve Zacharias the other day and he said yep, Linda would put water in just buks wine a bit and at the track.
Oh dear. Well, regardless of what noted Bukowski expert Mr. Steve Zacharias claims the widow said, that's bullshit. It fails on half a dozen common sense levels.
whose to say the man didnt mix it up on different days
Me. I'm to say. Who the fuck waters down their wine?

Stick to the books, leave the fairytales to the idiots.

Linda thought she was helping him by watering down his wine. She thought this would give him more longevity. I don't think Steve falls anywhere near the idiot category. I mean the man did write Revenge of the Nerds, Happy Days and Partridge Family so I think he knows a few things. And Linda did not say this. Robert Downey Jrs dad did... saying that thats what she would do.
Who is Mr. Steve Zacharias? Wait, is he roommates with Mr. Brian Bennis?

I'm so confused.
google Steve Zacharias. Brian Bennis is my roommate who used to own a record company who got us the netflix on the tv.

and MJ haven't you ever been poor where you got some shitty Carlo Rossi jug wine and it was so bad you mixed water with it? or Sprite? sometimes I get cheap 3-4 dollar bottle of wine and put ice in it to help me be able to bare it. ha.

Linda did not say this. Robert Downey Jrs dad did... saying that thats what she would do.
Oh, well why didn't you tell me it was tenth hand information? Jesus, how much more further removed can this important anecdote get?

Believe what you want to believe, man.

I don't think Steve falls anywhere near the idiot category. I mean the man did write Revenge of the Nerds, Happy Days and Partridge Family...
:?:

and MJ haven't you ever been poor...
No. I've always been rich. It's awesome.

I told you when I originally posted it who said what, where, and when.

Don't understand the eye icon...

and yea, I've always been almost kinda rich. depends on the season I guess. although I did grow up in the greatest town on earth.

ps how did you get rich?

I've watered down wine a few times, trying to make a half glass stretch through dinner. Always because I was broke, not because I forgot top pick up another case the last time I was at the vineyard.

On the Croatian, Adriatic sea coastal area, ' bevanda' was drink popular with the sailors. Red wine mixed with water - easier on body and mind in the heat of the day.

They say the ancient Greeks watered down their wine. Probably not too much since they were the guys who
brought us Dionysus.

[...] the ancient Greeks watered down their wine.
That's true. They even had a special VERY BIG cup to mix their wines with water:

image_preview

these were called κρατήρ - kratér from the greek word for "mixing".

Last edited by a moderator:
I drink white wine mixed with water all the time. Mixed with soda it's a very common drink around here. Called "Weißer Spritzer" in Austria, "Weißweinschorle" in Germany.

I like it, it gives you a smooth and easy high with a not too brutal hangover the next day. You are riding sweet and easy instead of dark and swampy as on beer.

What a bunch of fucking savages.

Though I have to admit, last time I was staying out in Joshua Tree I did enjoy some wine in a box.

blackbox_robles_cab_3L.gif

It was surprisingly good.

[...] last time I was staying out in Joshua Tree I did enjoy some wine in a box.
That phrase gave me goose bumps. Joshua Tree was the scene of some weird happenings back in my hippie days. I won't bore you with the details (hell, I don't recall the details) but I did get a creepy horror story out of it.

Nothing wrong with wine in a box. Beats no wine. I need one of those huge Greek cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back