America in Panic - Michael Jackson dead (1 Viewer)

Sure the poem is great and I don't even feel it fits my hate on pedophiles.
No preaching from my side, I only feel that child abuse deserves my hate.
If nobody would feel hate for child molesters they could go on forever.
So in this case, I propagate hate, no peace, no forgiving, no understanding.

But, Ponder, you're right, this is bukowski.net and now, after I puked out my emotions I can be easy again.

With all due respect Ponder, calling someone a piece of shit child-fucker doesn't necessarily mean you hate them. ;)

We can wring our hands and say, "Oh, no one knows for sure if he did those things," but we do know for sure that he built a theme park around his house for christ's sake, and very, very often had young children spend the night alone with him without parental supervision. He was accused by several kids (and later after some of them became adults) of inappropriate sexual behavior. To suggest that they were all, every one of them, "out for money" and not one of them is telling the truth stretches the bounds of believability to the breaking point. Normal grown men do not do those things. And normal grown men are not accused of doing it as many times as Jackson was.

His status as an alleged child rapist aside, if stating the ugly truth that we was not the earth-shattering talent that most of the world would have you believe is hatred, then I'm a hater. Because he wasn't.

We do this with every high profile person that dies; sweep the ugliness under the rug and hail them as precious angels who fell from heaven to grace our pathetic lives ever so briefly. It's disgusting to watch it happen over and over again, and to have schoolkids now thinking, "Hey Richard Nixon, great President!" among the other half million lies we "educate" them with.

It's fucked, it's revisionist history, and we spend a lot of time here pointing out Bukowski many flaws and half-truths in an attempt to counteract the deification and misunderstanding of yet another dead well-known person.

But I won't say anything more about KING MICHAEL.

Except this (ha): I wouldn't have wiped my ass with him while he was alive, and I refuse to let his death change that opinion. If I'm ever in the vicinity of his grave I will go out of my way to piss on it.

Nixon's too.

---

Okay, I guess there was some hate in there. I stand corrected. Carry on.

---

Oh, and Gerard, this is a better picture of Macaulay Culkin in drag...

macaulay_culkin_in_drag.jpg

All right, just to take a breather on the Michael Jackson exchange : WTF is up with the Macaulay Culkin cross-dressing business ? Is he out now as a tranny ? Everyone should fly their freak flag as needed, but those just looked creepy to me. Not "Join the Pride Parade !" type happy at all.

Pardon me for not dumbing down my comment. Here, try this: The ability of a performer to dance has nothing to do with musical talent

I think you missed my point. I didn't mean he was a musical genius, I was saying he was a genius because of the way he could dance. And I don't think you're comment needed to be dumbed down. When soneone says "dancing has nothing to do with music", I would imagine most people would think that was ridiculous. You just could have been more clear.

Sorry for not making my comment clear.

I knew it would be picked apart as soon as I posted it, but I figured most people would know what I meant.

I was a pretty damn fine dancer in my day....long long ago. It is not a brain thing to exercise your rhythm in repetitious dance steps. It happens more than you think about it.
If he wrote his songs, then there was some talent, but he was very well produced, coached and scripted. The only thing he did was pick the right handlers for his act.

Potox makes a good point with the words to We Are the World, which MJ did write half of.

"We are the world, we are the children, we are the ones to make a better day, so let's start giving."
Give what? from Post Toxic
The true fans will never accept the obvious truth about MJ.

Pardon me for not dumbing down my comment. Here, try this: The ability of a performer to dance has nothing to do with musical talent.

Is that more clear? I wasn't commenting on the "danceability" of the music.

I suppose that's what I get for poking at a bee's nest. What I wrote was largely tongue-in-cheek. But anyway, since rhythm is an inherent part of dance and in the ability to create truly grooving music (as opposed to just notes and chords) is highly dependent upon a sense of rhythm, the two may actually have some degree of dependence.

That said, I'm a shitty dancer but I have a good sense of rhythm.

I think if you're the best at anything then you're probably some sort of genius. No one could imitate the dance moves he made up. Tiger Woods has amazing hand/eye coordination, although he's not discoverig theories of the universe or writing songs like "Ballad of a thin Man", hit can hit a golfball better than probably anyone ( I still don't thimk he has a soul).

Except this (ha): I wouldn't have wiped my ass with him while he was alive, and I refuse to let his death change that opinion. If I'm ever in the vicinity of his grave I will go out of my way to piss on it.

Nixon's too.

Hear hear. I can't wait to get some jail time for pissing on a former President's grave...

they're kinda like the guys imitating Jimi Hendrix, they can't do it because he knew somrthing they could never know, and the one.s who can play like mim are either idio savant genius's, genius's of mimicry, or simply musical geniuses who can put their own twist on J.H. But no one can really dance like M,J.

I guess you missed the whole pop lock/hip hop thing back in the 70's and 80's. You should check it out on YouTube to see where Jackson got every one of his trick moves. The ones that aren't just stock Broadway dancing.

He originated nothing.

"The world lost a kind soul who just happened to be the greatest entertainer the world has ever known," said Randy Phillips, president and chief executive officer of AEG Live.

Really.

The world's greatest entertainer.

I think Gallagher would beg to differ!

Seriously, people need to get over the whole Michael Jackson thing. His best years were made great by James Jamerson and the rest was just freak-show-should-I-really-be-standing-on-this-floor-because-who-knows-what's-on-it-and-I-have-a-weak-immune-system disgusting.

Let's see Michael Jackson hit a watermelon with a big hammer or fly around the stage with a roller skate on one foot and a spring on the other foot. He couldn't do it.

And in a not-at-all-surprising development, nine Jackson albums are in the top 50 sellers this week. Maybe his kids, Blanket, Tote Bag and Pimple will eventually have an inheritance after all.

Howard Stern once went on and on about stuffing and re-animating Kurt Cobain. Something along the lines of, since Kurt wasn't very animated on stage, usually just strumming and yelling, it would be easy to reanimate him, send him out on tour and make millions.

The second I saw the pic of MJ trying to be revived by paramedics, I thought, he looks EXACTLY like the wax figure they used to have, or still have at the Wax Museum. They could probably make quite a bit of money.

We know the drill. First we'll see a lavish funeral with thousands of fans and lots of celebrities attending. Then we'll see a world wide TV show where the stars of the music business will perform Jackson's songs. After that we'll be flooded with even more Jackson products...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone think that the media is giving more attention to the death of Billy Mays than they would've if MJ didn't just die? All he was was a handsome, loudmouth pitchman.

MJ and MJP, both lived in Los Angeles, both excellent dancers. One of the same? Has MJ staged his own death and is now overseeing the Bukowski board?

With all due respect Ponder, calling someone a piece of shit child-fucker doesn't necessarily mean you hate them. ;)

Not me, I HATE the bastard

But I won't say anything more about KING MICHAEL.

Me niether....

I'll join you.

In regards to the poem, The Genius Of The Crowd.

I've spent the last 1/2 hour or so re-reading this poem, really thinking about what Bukowski was trying to say,what it means and how it applies to me personally. I think Bukowski was trying to show the absurdity and two-facedness of people in general. Which all in all is true. In reading it it is easy to say,"well, that is not me, that is not who I am. But there is probably a bit of everyone in there somewhere, even Bukowski himself. I know I'm in there.

I used to be a "New Ager", I used to think I had some kind of handle on reality that other people didn't have, and for a little part of my life it made me more pompus than I had any right to be. I got knocked off my pedestal quick and swift by a fellow follower who was more in tune to the universe than I was. I don't hold resentment towards her any longer, I'm glad for what happened in retrospect. I still hope she rots though.

I don't preach wisdom to anyone. I don't preach peace because I don't believe it is possible, other than trying to be peaceful within one's self, and I know there is allot of me that is not peaceful. I do have a general hatred in me, and I am glad to be wise enough to know it is there and not deny it. It is mine to deal with, discover, erase, embrace. I don't do violence to others, though I have smashed a plate or two in my time.

I think Bukowski's final lines of that poem convey perfection and permanence within the natural world, and in saying so he is showing the natural order/necessity of hatred itself(God, that sounded new-agey:eek:))

Is it wrong for me to hate MJ, and his ilk? Maybe. But I do. I can not understand it, and maybe that is where my hatred for child molesters comes from; my own lack of understanding. But people that hurt children only serve to perpetuate the violence and hatred in the world.Children are here to be protected and loved, and in my own life I have done my best to do that. He claimed to love the children, but he could not protect them from his own self. So HE is well included in the poem too. His hypocrisy and those of the people that will stand up and ovate him at next years Emmy Awards would do well to read that poem as well. CRB:)

MJP is a way more original dancer than MJ and in my opinion throws a much better slumber party.
Uh, excuse me, but has someone conveniently forgotten about the gag order they signed when they came to my slumber party?

MJ and MJP, both lived in Los Angeles, both excellent dancers. One of the same? Has MJ staged his own death and is now overseeing the Bukowski board?
Very perceptive! I have MJ, Elvis and Jim Morrison in a guest house out back. All they wanted was to get out of the glare of the public spotlight, and I provide that sanctuary for them. Though it is a bit tight, and after MJ moved in we had to get bunk beds. MJ wanted to "buddy up" and sleep with Elvis, but Elvis slapped him and put an end to that. They spend all day watching the game show network, playing Parchesi and eating grilled cheese sandwiches that Morrison makes on a George Foreman grill.

In regards to the poem, The Genius Of The Crowd. I've spent the last 1/2 hour or so re-reading this poem, really thinking about what Bukowski was trying to say...
That was a good analysis of that poem.

If any good has come out of his death it's the fact that his old man got a free plug in, regarding what current business venture he's involved in. Thanks for that Joe

oh yeah, and now we all know what a knobheaded racist Jamie Foxx is

oh yeah, and now we all know what a knobheaded racist Jamie Foxx is

You are just figuring that out?

I was told by some friends that watched that they only showed pictures of black Michael at the BET award show/ Jacko memorial. They are racists too.;)

I'm listening to this thing at the Staples center, and if I'm not mistaken, the Great and Holy Reverend Al Sharpton just attributed Barak Obama's election as President to Michael Jackson. Apparently MJ was the Jackie Robinson of the American political scene. I had no idea.

I may have to rethink my utter dismissal of him as an overblown middling talent. He appears to be a supernatural saintgod, if these speakers are to be believed. I don't want to come down on the wrong side of that shit and fuck up my eternity...

I was going to say the same thing. I did not want to watch but something made me turn on the set moments before Sharpton said that. My question is: When did Michael Jackson campaign for Obama?
The congress woman from Houston Texas just started her speech proclaiming Michael was innocent until proven guilty. Why did she say that? He settled that out of court.
People shoot themselves in the foot all of the time.

Hitler, Al Sharpton and Jacko all mentioned in the same thread, how fucking delightful!. Hoping Kim Il Jong and Qaddafi make it to the memorial and get into a rhubarb with the Nation Of Islam goons...the whole fandango spilling out on to the street and making Watts '65 look like a scout jamboree.

But seriously folks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back