Baptize a mormon! (2 Viewers)

I'll just quote Dan Savage on this:

"HEY, EVERYBODY: You know how Mormons "baptize" dead people who weren't Mormons"”including Holocaust victims"”because Mormons believe they have a right to choose Mormonism for the deceased? And you know how the Mormon Church says that being gay is a choice? The same church that doesn't think you should have a choice about being posthumously baptized? Well, now you can choose homosexuality for dead Mormons! Just go to www.AllDeadMormonsAreNowGay.com, enter the name of a deceased Mormon or ask the site to find a dead Mormon for you, and"”presto!"”that dead Mormon gets to have a gay afterlife!"

I just converted Matthew Bryant. Hope you don't need to be part of the gay church to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't put pedo and gay on the same level, unless I wanna sound like Rick Santorum ;)

Too bad we can't convert the living.I so would have seen Stephenie Meyer as gay.

I thought the title said "Baptize a moron!"

I was going to suggest Lolita Twist, but now it wouldn't make sense. I think she's already Mormon and gay.

Dora - I didn't read Bill's response as putting pedo and gay on the same level. It was more like "here's two things that Mormons put on the same level, so enjoy THAT for Joseph Smith !"

Nah Mike, just a polygomist. And bi-sexual.

And... who gives a shit what the mormons do? Or who they baptize after death? They're... dead. Don't think they mind. It's more disrespectful to the family's than anybody. I have a good friend that is a recovering Mormon... she never did shit like this :s

Dora - I didn't read Bill's response as putting pedo and gay on the same level. It was more like "here's two things that Mormons put on the same level, so enjoy THAT for Joseph Smith !"

That's what I thought too, but the way it was said could lead to confusion, for example if the ghost of Joseph Smith had been reading this.:DD

Lolita: There had been a huge scandal around the fact that mormons converted Holocaust victims. There's a link on the website to an article about this.

Ha ! Point taken. Internet forums all over the web are erupting in flame wars between users and famous ghosts. That WILL NOT happen here - no siree.

Hi,

Yes, Pedophiles and gay people are NOT the same in any way. My post was not meant to imply that they were. I do not support pedophiles, but 100% support marriage equality and support people's right to do what they want with other consenting adults in all cases.

I find it odd that Mormons have no problem with their spiritual leader having sex with young children, but they would be appalled if he had sex with an adult man. Seems like a strange and fucked up set of morals to me.

Plus most pedophiles are straight.

If I could convert the long dead Joseph Smith into a Democrat, I'd do that too... I guess now that he is a gay man, he is a log cabin republican!

I missed this thread completely.

But I don't think you can make dead people gay or Mormon. Like Lolita said, they are dead!

But Mormons believe they are living with their entire families and "Heavenly Father," whoever that is.

They can't baptize the Jews that died in the Holocaust because they are smart enough to know that they are dead.

And gay Mormons will eventually leave the LDS church when they can't stand it anymore. (God bless 'em!)

[...] I don't think you can make dead people [...] Mormon. [...]

Mormons do think they can.
Actually, that's the reason why every genealogist 'likes' them: due to their believe, they run the biggest genealogist-archives on the planet.

They do a lot of work in central america with archaeology trying to find evidence of the first jews coming to america before the time of christ, too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back